Nick x Reader (The Parish: Final)

"This is far as I'm goin' you can get to the bridge from here."

"Thanks, Virgil!" You held your hand up and smiled.

"Good luck y/n, I hope it goes well for you!" He shouted over the speaker(-thing?)

"What was that all about?" Rochelle looked at you.

You smiled, "Nothing, I hope it goes well for me too," You looked at her then at the rest of the group, "Everyone, grab a weapon."

——————

You looked around at the park and smiled, you wondered what everyplace was like before the "flu"

"Hey,"  You felt a hand touch your shoulder, you looked around, seeing no one but Nick on your left.

You jumped slightly, "JESUS! Don't do that!!"

He chuckled slightly, "sorry, hun" He smiled.

You looked up at him, "Don't act like I'm still not pissed at you."

He nodded, "I know, I can't change how you feel, why try." He started walking away slowly and turning around, "I wish I could," He shrugged. He turned around and kept walking.

You looked around, tried to see if anyone was around, "Nick?" You walked over to him.

He turned around, "Kid, listen..I love you, I won't deny that one bit, but I don't think I can handle me and someone else."

You stood there as you watched him walk away, you wanted to tell him you loved him, but what difference would that make? He knew you loved him, it wouldn't change anything. You kept your words and just nodded, "Sorry."

He looked at you for a second, he had to have a mental debate on wether to continue or repeat the same action over and over. Nick sighed, "I'm sorry, doll, I really am."

You felt nothing but the world crash around you, you just wanted to go home, you wished you didn't meet the others, but somehow, you still loved Nick, in the depths of your heart, that asshole made himself a place in your heart. And you were fine with that.

——————

Everyone looked around at the cars.

"Shit," You muttered to yourself.

"Nobody shoot them cars" Ellis groaned a little, "This'll be a bitch"

You looked up at him then looked around at everyone, "anybody got any ideas?"

Nick stepped in, "here," he handed you a (melee weapon of ur choice bc I cant choose one) and then handed a melee to the others, "Best if we don't use out guns unless needed."

You smirked slightly, you took the weapon into your hands and looked at it, you felt confident with it in your hands. You just wished Nick didn't get his hands all over it.

Ellis looked over at you and smiled, "Fits well in your hands, don't it?"

You looked at it then looked up at him and nodded. "Indeed it does."