Jungle Pool I Can't Swim!

ɪ ᴋɪꜱꜱᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴄᴀʀꜱ ᴏɴ ʜᴇʀ ꜱᴋɪɴ 

ɪ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪꜰᴜʟ

 ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʟᴏꜱᴇ ᴍʏ ʙᴇꜱᴛ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅ 

ɪ ꜱᴄʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴏᴜᴛ, ɢᴏᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴠᴜʟᴛᴜʀᴇ 

ʙʀɪɴɢ ʜᴇʀ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴏʀ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜᴇʀ

"Y/N!!"

"ACK!" I yelped, violently jolting. 

YᗩᑎKIᑎG ᗰY ᕼEᗩᗪᑭᕼOᑎEᔕ off my head, I turned and expected to be faced with Valerie but was pleasantly surprised to see Haruhi instead. I was currently on my way to class so we both walked side by side amidst the bundle of students crowding the hallways. 

"Oh hey, Haru-chan. What's up?" I hummed, feigning a smile. 

"Seriously? What's up? What was up with last night, dude?! You called me, told me you got confessed to then you cried for an hour while I was trying to study for my test. No context at all." Haruhi exclaimed as I strolled up to my locker while fluttering my eyes innocently. 

"Hmm... is that so? I don't recall," I swung my locker door open which covered her face, and drew a long sigh out of her. 

"Y/n! You didn't even tell me who it was or why you cried. What's going on?" She poked her head out to look at me, "Do you... like them back?" Haruhi furrowed her brows in concern.

"No!" I shouted too quickly and too loudly causing several students to glance in our direction. One of them gave me the stank eye, making me squint my eyes at them threateningly. I sighed, man I just gave myself away but admittedly, I'm confused about my feelings. 

I shut my locker defeatedly, "I'm honestly not sure."

"Then what's the problem? Why is this affecting you negatively?" Haruhi leaned against the lockers genuinely looking concerned for me lol. I did nothing but stared absentmindedly onto the floor behind her, biting my lip. 

This confession, why does it feel like a weight dragging me down? Why is it gnawing at the pit of my stomach? This feeling seemed familiar. An internalized fight clawing inside me, burrowing remainders of clarity. Everything appeared hazy, muddling any rational thoughts. I refused to dig deeper and find out what was making me feel this way. 

"It's...complicated." I averted my eyes from her. 

"Y/n," She moved to match my gaze, "We're friends. I care about you, I know something is eating at you. Just..."