Scaredy Cat

𝚆𝚑𝚢 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚗𝚘 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍

𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍?

𝚆𝚑𝚢 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚗𝚘 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚊 𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚍

𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚏𝚝 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢?

"I'm willing to try, Y/n."

"I'm not," I stated blankly looking into her eyes. She looked at me with a heartbroken gaze, I couldn't stand it.

"I'm sorry you deserve someone better than me," I looked down to stare at the dirty sidewalk below me. Silence ensues and my heartbeat quickens in anticipation.

"You're right. I deserve someone who will try."

Her footsteps hushed in the distance. I refused to look back at her. As much as I wanted to, I restrained myself. All because the fear of my mother subjugated my desire to be happy. I'm sorry, my first love.

"Y/N!"

I ᐯIOᒪEᑎTᒪY ᑕOᑌGᕼEᗪ up a pool of water. I caught worrying murmurs from around me yet I couldn't process their words as I sat up and attempted to blink away the blurriness from the water.

"Are you okay?!" I listened to Tamaki's voice erupting from the group of tense exclaims. Everyone quieted down to hear my response and I merely looked up to see Tamaki kneel to me, "I'm alright." I responded, voice hoarse from the water that harassed my lungs.

The blonde helped me up. Valerie was the next one to voice her concerns, "We all thought you drowned there..." she said. Her hand touched my shoulder to console me but I blankly stared amidst the horizon line of the ocean. I was still in shock.

"Y/n, there's a red mark on your cheek..." Haruhi pointed out.

I absentmindedly pat my cheek, the jolt of pain breaking me out of my empty thoughts, "Ah, well that's gonna bruise..." I chuckled to myself. 

"I called the doctor, he should be here shortly," Kyoya sternly said. I looked over at him, "Huh, guys it's fine I don't need a doctor. Just a bruise it'll heal with time, trust me I've dealt with worse." I shrugged to further prove I'm back to normal.

"What were you thinking, Y/n...What were both of you guys thinking?!"

I looked at Tamaki. His bangs hid his expression, "You know you're not like Honey-senpai. You're not a martial arts master..." He reached out to touch me but stopped mid-way and instead gripped onto his hair in frustration, "What made YOU guys think you stood a chance between two other PEOPLE?"