The Beginning

Hazel blue eyes jutted around unsure where she had just awakened. Looking around she was surrounded by shelves upon shelves all lined with tomes. There seemed to be so many in fact that this place required multiple levels. Her brows pinched in confusion.

'Why am I in a library,' her mind wandered as she continued taking in the details of the enormous room she found herself in. The ground was marbled like the walls. Paintings hung on up in the free spaces on the walls that she could make out. Vases and statues sporadically placed gave the impression that whoever owned this place had wealth.

Her gaze slowly focused on the center of the room seeing a large ornate rug with an antique chaise lounge and two matching arm chairs placed around a large coffee table. Her pale eyes zeroed in on the chair nearest to her to find it occupied by a large figure.

Curious as a cat, she crept forward staying as silent as she could with her bare feet on the chilled floor. The more she drew nearer the more detail of the person she could process in the low light of the room. It was a male with flowing raven colored hair. His skin was so pale it was almost see through.

'And I thought I was pale,' she thought. Her skin was close to the color of paper and was blinding when in the sun, which she rarely ever did.

This young looking man appeared to be in agony with his shoulders hunched and head bowed in defeat. 'What had caused this feeling?' The pang in her heart had her forget about her attempt in being stealthy. Approaching him the thought of turning around and running in the other direction crossed her mind for the uncertainty in her gut began to make itself known. That didn't stop her. No, acting uncharacteristic she reached out to touch the man on his shoulder trying to comfort him in some way.

As soon as the weight of her hand was placed on him, his face shot up and his strikingly red colored eyes bore into blue. The intake of her breath was audible when she saw the man's chiseled god-like features. His age appeared between nineteen, maybe twenty. Other than the odd colored eyes he appeared normal.

'Contacts, right? Hell, I've worn colored contacts before,' her mind rationalizing considering her own alternative lifestyle. 'Though in 2006 contacts were pretty expensive if this was the man's house he was probably more than capable of affording them.' Returning to the present moment with a twitch of her head.

"Are you okay," her voice filled with concern for the sorrow filled male, knowing well enough how despair felt especially with all the things life had thrown her way as of late.

The milky red eyes that had been focused on her face glazed over for just a moment before returning to focus. Pain that once emitted from his eyes was replaced by, 'Could that be joy,' mind echoing as she lost her being inside the depth of his orbs. His toned arms wrap around her scantily clad body pulling her onto his lap. Her being enveloped by this stranger set alarm bells off. 'I shouldn't be here,' her qualms quietened when the young man started speaking.

"What took you so long," a deep velvety tone caressed her ears causing a shiver to run down her spine. His hands were roaming over top the two sizes to big shirt she slept in. Her mind though hazy could only think one thing, 'I need to get out of his embrace, but it feels so right.'

Brows creased once again, she finds her voice, "Huh?"

"Where have you been all my life," his head buried between my head and shoulders, placing light pecks on her neck.

Mind almost blank from the intense amount of desire that pumped through her veins, she said the only place that immediately came to mind, "Texas." It wasn't where she currently live, but being that she was born and raised and held so many memories, especially with what happened there recently, it was the first to mind.