Another Day, Another Nickle

March 2nd, 2006

This evening was just like any other for him, useless. Existing was painful and dull. Nothing had been able to shock him out of his despondent state, not since his wife died. With her gone he had become a shell of his former self. His nature once dominant, regal, and vibrant was now simply lifeless. His plea for his life to be ended always fell on the deaf ears of his brothers.

He found himself drowning in his misery in the library that he and his brothers filled with ancient tomes. They continued to add to it, but his contribution and enjoyment in reading had ended. Slouching in the currently dimly lit room his head hung low. He didn't know why he had felt the pull to be here instead of his rooms, but it didn't matter. His thoughts focused on wanting his suffering to end so maybe he could finally be with his beloved.

Those thoughts had distracted him to the point that he didn't notice the half clothed female directly in front of him or even hear her pounding heart. It wasn't till he felt the ghost of a hand on his shoulder that made him stiffen and raised his head immediately. His eyes must be deceiving him. What stood before him was a young woman with black and red matted hair top the her head, piercings scattering her face and ears, works of art and quotes etched in her visible skin, and her remarkable blue eyes with specks of green and silver were soul shattering.

"Are you okay," her voice heavenly and heavy with an accent he wasn't accustomed to.

If his undead heart could beat he's sure it would be hammering away in his chest. Vision clouded over for a moment as he checked to see that he, along with two others, were connected to her. 'Compagna' (mate) his soul roared. Without hesitation he pulled her into his lap and enclosed her thick, voluptuous body with his firm arms.

"What took you so long," he nearly sobbed as he buried his face in the base of her neck inhaling her scent of apples, pomegranates and smoke. He could forever be lost in her. His hands slid over the thin material of the shirt she was wearing, desperately trying not to rip it from her. He needed to feel her delicate skin against his own.

"Huh?"

"Where have you been all my life," he muttered as he placed feather-like kisses upon her warm, porcelain surface not obstructed by cloth. Just the taste of her against his lips pleased him in ways he hadn't experienced in years.

"Texas," she answered as best she could given his continued salacious affections.

The ancient being almost felt giddy upon connecting where her accent was from. 'How did this wonderful creature find her way to me,' he asked himself. Having her in his arms felt to good to be true. Did anyone else know she was here? Did his brothers sense their mate within the walls of their palace. It was not essential right now.

His interests and concerns for his mate had him ask, " How did you manage your way past the guards, cara mia (my dear)?"

Her heart rate to which he didn't hear before then skyrocketed, "G-guards?"

However she got there he didn't care. His happiness was finally within his grasp. "It matters not," he spoke as he lowered down to capture her pink lips, "I've got you now."

As his icy lips connected with her heated ones, he could feel him and his inner beast sore above the clouds. He never wanted to forget the taste of her sinfully sweet lips, but unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. Within the mere moments they shared a kiss, the delectable woman disappeared before him.

An agonized roar tore from his throat. 'Mate, where did she go,' his primitive like thoughts had him zoom around the room looking, sniffing, anything he could do to find her. 'Mate,' the beast enraged at being separated from her after waiting thousands of years to find her.