I Hate Mondays

Stirring from the light that swarmed her lidded eyes, Amara grimaced. The plushy inviting bed she had once laid in was no longer beneath her. She instead felt the chilly surface of the floor. Her eyes fluttered open and closed just as quickly. It was too bright for the still tipsy female.

Squinting from the brightness, her blurred vision could only make out a high domed ceiling that was rimmed with curve topped windows. Her body ached as she lifted her stiffened bones from the stone ground. If she had perfect eyesight she'd notice that she was in a rather large round room with two story archways and columns lining the walls. Maybe instead of seeing a clouded platform with three chairs, she'd see the detailed thrones and imposing stage that laid beneath.

She couldn't help blinking her eyes multiple times to clear her watering eye sight, 'Where are my glasses,' she carefully searched the floor for them in vain. She couldn't remember where she'd put them. The last thing she remembers was the unsatisfying encounter she'd just had. 'Wait a minute,' a sense of panic crept over her as her slow, drunken brain began processing her surroundings, 'This isn't Aaron's room. I didn't fall asleep here.'

She turned around finding that there looked to be three doorways she could go. Her bare feet carried her, not in the direction of any of the doors, but to the platform, something pulling her over there. The moment she took her second step up the stairs that lined the elevated floor the doors directly across the room slammed open.

Amara startled, jumped back and managed to trip up the stairs. Eyes glued to the source of the loud bang she tried focusing on the tall figure, but their distance made it impossible for any details to be seen. She was a deer stuck in headlights as the ominous form before intensified. The cold ground that her plump bottom was pressed against had her quickly wrap her arms over the top of her body. 'Of course I'd be naked in a damn dream,' she thought.

The figure from the door that had caused her to fall was in front of her so fast she thought she blinked. A gasp escaped her as the stranger looked menacing with his snow-like shoulder length hair, scowl over the angular features and onyx eyes. He looked like a fallen angel that was here to take her soul.

His chest expanded as his nose flared from smelling the air. A rumbling growl tore through the silence and the predatory man had her unclothed body pressed against a stoned wall. Her body roughly moved in such a jarring manner made her nauseated and world spin.

Morgue temperature lips snarled near her right ear, "Who touched you?"

Amara shivering from the fear she was experiencing in this dream made her remain silent. What could a figment of her imagination really do? It was her turn to breath in deeply through her nose to calm her rapidly beating heart. Eucalyptus and spearmint caressed her nose like an old lover.

The sound of her enjoyment from his cologne came from her tight lipped mouth seeming to set the man further off. His tone grew more aggressive this time, "Answer me woman. Tell me who dared to claim what's not theirs."

She trembled as she answered, "A-Aaron."

"And did this," his lip curling with abhorrence, "Aaron fulfill his quest?"

'Why do I feel like I'm missing something,' Amara not understanding what he meant. All her mind was wanting to focus on was how right it felt to be trapped by him, whereas a normal, reasonably minded person would be fighting to leave this threatening situation. 'It's not real.'

The white haired man sucked at the base of her neck where her pulse was the strongest. She cried out from the painful way his chilled mouth pulled at her skin. Cold hands found their way onto her warm flesh making her body jolt, pushing herself further into his solid, unmovable frame.