Hurt

Na: Love me or hate me, Amara doesn't react well in this chapter.

Amara was packed, ready to go as August thirteenth drew near. With many arguments with her mates, she was finally allowed to go, but on one condition. She was to take Salvatore with her and never leave his sight except to sleep. Even then while she slept they wanted her to be monitored. To her, they seemed like over protective mother hens and she was getting sick of all the pestering.

As she grabbed her bag to head out of her room she felt its weight lifted out of her hands. She turned, surprised to find Felix so close to her. "I got this, you worry about them," he nodded his head toward his masters.

Caius was seething in a chair while Aro paced the room. Marcus stood near Caius and rubbed his temples as if he had a headache. Releasing a sigh, Amara walked over to Caius and Marcus as Felix left the room with her bags. She went and grazed Marcus' cheek with her finger tips drawing him from his mind and straddled Caius. "Y'all have nothing to worry about," she murmured into Caius' chest. She felt him wrap his arms around her waist and hold onto her tightly.

"But we do, Amarantha," Marcus reiterated in a whisper. He came to stand right behind her, his knees knocking against Caius' as he leaned down to hug her from behind.

She reached behind her and buried her hand within his hair pulling his head closer to hers. She was engulfed by her two mates as she tried comforting them. "Nothings going to happen. I'm going to watch two people get married, hang out with Luke a little and then be back before you know it," she reassured them before turning and giving Marcus' cheek a peck.

"It's never that simple, il mio tesoro," Caius spoke in a hushed tone. His head hidden on the other side of her neck buried in the crook of it. He left a line of simple kisses in his wake as all three of them held each other. The two men began to purr softly for their mate the longer she stayed between them.

Aro, who was still pacing the room, glanced at the three of them and felt envious for a mere second before squashing that feeling. Their mate was about to leave them and she thought she was going without any vampyric protection. He could have laughed within his own mind. She obviously didn't know them as well as she thought. He walked once more around the room till Amara looked up at him from her position and motioned for him to come near.

She held put her hand to him which he took, "You know I'll be fine, right," she offered up her best puppy dog eyes she could muster.

"We hope so, cara mia," he said, caressing her cheek with the back of his hand.

"Think of this as a trust exercise. Trust that I will be safe and will come back to y'all in one piece," she grabbed his hand and squeezed it, "The Cullens never seemed like crazed murderers to me. I've also written to Luke about me coming so he should be able to keep me safe as well."

"I'm not putting the fate of my mate in some weak vampires' or mutt's hands," grumbled Caius. His sneer was prevalent on his face.

She withdrew her hand from Marcus' hair and smacked his chest. She defended her friend, "He's not a mutt."

Caius continued to grumble as he held her. Marcus kissed the side of her head before moving from her, "I'm sure Caius didn't mean what he said. We know your friend means a lot to you."

"Oh, I meant it," Caius said coolly.

She attempted to stand from Caius' only for his hands to slide from her waist to her thighs to hold her in place. "Let me go," she demanded from him as she struggled to remove him from herself, "You're being rude on purpose."

"You're right," he said as he brought her down to steal her lips in a quick kiss. He pulled back to look into her eyes, "I love riling you up."

She snorted at his comment. Her feelings on the matter weren't going to matter. They were set in their ways. Glancing at the time Amara squeaked, "It's time," and tried to get up one more time.