How Soon Is Now?

You might not like me after this chapter, but this goes to show, no one is perfect. Please enjoy!

Warning: Non-consensual, Thoughts of Suicide, Unhealthy Coping

Songs Mentioned: In Joy and Sorrow by H.I.M., When You Don't See Me by Sisters of Mercy, The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel, Asleep by The Smiths

There was a knock at the door signaling it was time to eat. "Go away please," Amara called out, "I'm not hungry"

In fact Amara felt like shit. It had been a few days since she'd begun to share her time with Caius along with Marcus. Today she didn't think she'd be getting out of bed except to use the restroom. Her lower abdomen was cramping to the point of wanting to cry, her lower back was hurting and her breasts were swollen and sensitive. She had awoken to feeling very much like a female.

'Just great,' she thought to herself. She had at least had a few pads and tampons she brought with her, but she would need to get more. 'How does one ask your vampire boyfriends? Were they boyfriends? Anyways, how does one ask them for feminine products?' Amara was having a conversation with herself as she went and bathed. She soaked in the hot water until it became cold to her and stood from the bath. She wished she had a heating pad to snuggle up with right now. Instead she got redressed in her sleep clothes and laid underneath the duvet.

Aro stood in his study aggravated. Not only had Amarantha been spending time with Marcus, but now she was sharing her time with Caius and not him. He had spent a few days just watching from the side lines as his brothers seemed to become their mate's world. All the while Aro desperately wanted the same attention. Which is why he left his study and now stood outside her room before she left it for the day. He wanted time with her.

He looked at Felix who stood outside the door unmoving. "How is she doing?"

Felix shrugged, "She refused breakfast and won't allow anyone inside."

Aro nodded before knocking on the door expecting her to say to come in only to be also told, "Don't come in here."

She couldn't possibly know it was him at the door, could she? Would she have turned Caius and Marcus away so easily. He knocked again and heard shuffling on the other side. Aro got a whiff of the air from outside the door and smelt the metallic scent of blood. Without thinking twice he opened the door and stormed in thinking the worst of her. He found her laying in her bed in the fetal position facing away from him.

Amara obviously heard the down slam open and gripped a nearby pillow before throwing it at whomever just stormed in. "I said stay out," she commanded.

Aro dodged the feathery object with ease before making his way to her. He threw back the covers and began to inspect her body. His eyes and gloved hands roamed her legs before making their way up to her wrists.

"What in the hell are you doing," she glared at him, feeling completely exposed.

"I smell blood, Amarantha," his eyes staring into hers intensely, "Where is it coming from?"

'What was he implying,' she questioned herself before her eyes narrowed. "Are you suggesting I cut myself?"

He continued to stare at her unmoving from his position above her. His hands gripped her wrist above her head. They tightened when she began to laugh in his face. "This isn't a funny matter, Amarantha. Where are you bleeding," he demanded.

She sobered a little only to reply, "From my vagina, you dunce. I'm on my period."

Her released her hands as if her skin burned. He quickly closed the room and didn't look like he was breathing anymore. She lifted herself in the bed. She didn't understand him, "Now what's wrong with you?"