Reunion || Chapter 1

It was a bright afternoon, a cold, chilly breeze softly wafting through the air... And on this very Friday in the middle of October, all the kids were stuck inside school, their minds practically absent from the teacher's voice, which felt like it droned on and on... Some kids had their eyes focused on the outside windows, wondering when the school bells could finally ring, and allow them to be released from their seats...
BRIIIIIIIING!! And like that, the bells finally went off, as if on cue.
"WOOOOOOOOO!!"

One girl, Taeka Evans, suddenly stood up in her chair, cheering loudly

One girl, Taeka Evans, suddenly stood up in her chair, cheering loudly. "REUNION DAY, LETS GOOO!! LATER, SUCKERS!!" And with that, she screamed, bolting out of the classroom first, not caring at all about the weird looks and whispers she gained from a few of her fellow students. Today was a special day that Taeka and all her friends had planned for a while now, and she wasn't gonna wait on this any longer... Taeka rushed down the school hallways as fast as she could, finally running out into the parking lot as she spotted her mother's silver car...
BEEP!! BEEEEP!! And was caught off guard by the car's loud horn going off, the car rolling down its window...

Only for Taeka to see her mother, and her little sister Lily, Lily leaning forward in the car seat with her hands inches away from the horn

...Only for Taeka to see her mother, and her little sister Lily, Lily leaning forward in the car seat with her hands inches away from the horn.
"Lily, please! Don't touch the horn without my permission!" The mother scolded Lily.
"Heheh, sorry mom... I couldn't help myself!" Lily giggled, earning a laugh from Taeka as well, as she hopped into the car next to Lily, the car finally driving off and away from the school.
"EEEEEK!! I'm so excited!!" Lily squeals happily.
"I know, me too! It's been hard to focus all day! Mom, step on it!" Taeka says jokingly.
"Why are you girls in such a hurry?" Mrs. Evans says, laughing. "Has it really been that long since you've all hung out?"
"Yeah, it's been a while since we've all hung out together... Almost a year in fact." Lily frowns a bit, looking down. "Everyone's been so busy with their own things now... I know Erik and Axel have been pretty busy with their studies..."
"Yeah, and... Ever since Blaine switched schools because of that... Incident..." Taeka winced. "We haven't even seen him at all anymore. I mean, I've been able to hang out with Cora a lot at school and such, but... That's about it..."
"Yeah, we've all been planning the perfect day for months now to hang out, and have the perfect reunion..." Lily says, smiling. "And I'm so excited! Mom, you know why Jake and his family left for Texas last night? The younger Digidestined kids are all having their own reunion as well..."
"My goodness, it's amazing that you're all able to hang out like this after so long." Mrs. Evans says. "It is really sweet, makes me wish I had friends like that at my age... How long has it been, anyways? Since you've all met and adventured in the Digital World together?" She asks.
"Uhh... If you count our first adventure, it's been 6 years..." Taeka says.
"Or 3 years if you count our second adventure, when Taeka also returned home..." Lily adds.
"Man, 6 whole years... I can't believe it's all flown by so fast!" Taeka says, staring out the window as memories of the Digital World flash in her eyes. "Back then, we were all just stupid kids, who had no idea what we were doing... And now most of us are legal adults!"
"You still act like a child sometimes though, Taeka..." Lily jokes.
"Yeah, you're right..." Taeka chuckles.
"Alright girls... We're here." Mrs. Evans cuts through their conversation as the car finally stops, in a big parking lot in front of an even bigger building... Jackson's Convention Center. A big building that was used to host many different events, such as sporting events, meetings, and parties, the parking lot being pretty filled up.
"Here's your room number... Your room should be on the second floor." Mrs. Evans handed Lily a slip of paper, with a room number on it, which read: 'Room 2012.'
"Call me when you two are done, alright? You girls have fun!"
"Bye mom, see you later!" The two girls exited the car, waving goodbye as the car drove away, excitedly running up to the front door of the building. "Ooh, I'm so excited!" Taeka smiles widely. "I wonder who arrived first..."
"Hmm, if I had to guess..." Lily thinks for a moment. "I'd probably say Erik. I know how much he hates being late for anything."
"You know me too well then." The two suddenly hear a familiar voice, turning around to see someone step out from behind a pillar...