Family || Chapter 11

A few days had passed, everyone still hanging out in the room as usual... Well, everyone except for Blaine. Ever since he confessed his feelings to Erik, him and Ryudamon haven't returned to the room at all, nobody seeing them since. Right now everyone was hanging out in the room, since no Digimon attacks had happened for a few days as well, everyone basically just waiting for something to happen.
Erik was on his phone, sending a text to Blaine. During the past few days, Erik had sent multiple texts and called Blaine many, many times, but had yet to receive a single response, which only worried Erik more and more.
"Has Blaine responded back yet?" Labramon asks, looking up at Erik's phone.
"No, not yet. I'm getting really worried about him now..." Erik sighed, a worried look on his face. Erik looked over at Axel, who was sitting next to him.
"Hey, Axel... Any chance you've heard from Blaine at all these past few days? I'm getting worried about him..." Erik says.
"Nah, I haven't..." Axel responded. "I'm sure he's probably fine though, he must just be doing his own thing. It's not like it matters much right now anyways, since we haven't had any Digimon attacks in a while..."
"I guess, I just... I really hope he's ok..." Erik sighed.
"What even happened between you two? It's been days and you still haven't told me!" Labramon says, Erik looking down at him as he took a deep breath.
"Sorry about that, Labramon...I guess I should finally tell you then."

Meanwhile...
For the past few days, Blaine and Ryudamon were hanging out at this nearby park, sleeping and living there. Right now Blaine was sitting up in a tree, Ryudamon taking a nap below the tree. Ryudamon stretched and opened his eyes, looking up at Blaine as he grumbled with annoyance.
"Blaine... You need to tell me what's going on. Now." Ryudamon said sternly.
"I... I don't know what you're talking about." Blaine responded sternly, keeping a straight face.
"Blaine, come on. We've been living at this park the past few days. You've refused to go see the others, or go home. And you've barely said a word to me..." Ryudamon states. "...I'm not stupid, Blaine. I know something is going on... Does this have anything to do with Erik? I know this all happened after your conversation with him..."
Blaine's stoic expression quickly changed to an upset look. Blaine took a deep, shaky breath, finally hopping out of the tree and to the ground, kneeling down to Ryudamon's level.
"Ryudamon, I... You're right. I just... I really screwed things up with Erik." Blaine says, looking down at the ground. "I... I kissed him. I finally confessed my feelings to him."
"Whoa, seriously? I had no idea you liked him like that..." Ryudamon says, wide eyed. "Wait... How is this a problem?"
"The problem is that I don't just like him, Ryudamon... I'm in love with him." Blaine mumbled.
"How... Long exactly?" Ryudamon asked.
"Probably since forever. I don't think I actually realized it until middle school, though." Blaine says. "I used to get so jealous of every girlfriend he had, and I eventually figured out why. I've never even told anyone this until now. I've been so scared to finally talk about my feelings towards him... And now that he finally knows, I doubt he's even gonna wanna stay friends with me."
"Come on that's not true, you two are great friends..." Ryudamon says. "And besides, how do you even know he doesn't like you back?"
"I don't know, I ran away before I gave him the chance to respond..." Blaine says. "But we've always been just friends, I doubt he even likes me that way..."
"Come on Blaine, you're never gonna know if you don't even give him the chance to respond..." Ryudamon says.
"I don't know Ryudamon, what if he just... Leaves me? He pushes me out of his life forever? He's my best friend, and the idea of losing him forever hurts too much to handle, but... What if it happens anyways? Everyone eventually leaves me anyways, so I know it's gonna happen..." Blaine was getting choked up, feeling tears welling up in his eyes. "It always does, especially with you, Ryudamon... Every time we're done with all this Digimon crap you always have to go back to the Digital World! And every time I wonder if I'll ever see you again..."
"Blaine... No matter how Erik responds to your feelings, I want you to know this..." Ryudamon takes a step closer to Blaine. "I'll still be here for you, no matter what. Even if I have to return to the Digital World once again, I promise I'll see you again someday... And when that happens, I won't leave you anymore."
"I... I hope so..." Blaine felt tears streaming down his face, suddenly giving Ryudamon a tight hug as he sobbed. "I don't wanna be alone anymore..."
Ryudamon hugged Blaine back, the two wrapped ino each other's grasps for a moment as Blaine sobbed. After a bit the two finally let go of the hug, Blaine wiping away his tears.
"Thanks, Ryudamon... I'm glad I have you." Blaine says, giving a weak smile.
Beep! A sudden alert then came from Blaine's phone. Blaine grabbed his phone from out of his pocket, looking down at the screen as his eyes went wide.
"Oh, shit... I completely forgot about this!" Blaine sighed, standing up as he showed his phone's screen to Ryudamon, showing off a phone reminder, which read: Dinner with parents.
"I'm supposed to meet my parents at this restaurant today..." Blaine says.
"Your... Parents? I thought you didn't know them?" Ryudamon asks, looking a bit confused.
"You're right, this is actually the first time I'm gonna be meeting them..." Blaine says. "I really can't be late for this, I... We actually planned this months ago, but with all this Digimon stuff going on, I completely forgot... Ryudamon, do you mind staying at this park for a bit while I go meet them? I'm not sure if they know about this Digimon stuff, or not, so I don't wanna freak them out or anything... I promise, I'll come back here as soon as I can. And I'll try to bring some food back for you too..."
"Of course, it's fine with me..." Ryudamon nods. "Have fun meeting your parents."
"Thanks, Ryudamon... I will."