Parasitic || Chapter 12

"...Urgh..."
Blaine eyes slowly opened, as he tried to move his body. He couldn't move a muscle, noticing that he was strapped down to a metal chair. His wrists and legs were strapped down via some metallic locks, trying to wriggle his arms out, but to no avail.
"Ah, you're finally awake." He could hear that familiar voice once again, the person stepping into view as he recognized the face... It was Doctor X. The same man that had approached the group a week prior.
"Wha...You?! What are you..." Blaine looked around the room he was in. The room was a lab of some sort, with metallic walls filled to the brim with machinery, and a lack of windows. He looked over to the wall next to him, seeing that Ryudamon was strapped against the wall via the same metal locks, knocked out. Blaine's Digivice was also sitting on a faraway table.
"Ryudamon, no! Wh-what the hell are you doing to Ryudamon?!" Blaine snapped, glaring at Doctor X.
"Relax, I haven't hurt him one bit..." Doctor X says, a creepy smirk on his face. "The tranquilizer I'm pumping through his little digital body has him completely asleep. Right now, he can't feel anything, or hear a single word we're saying..."
"I should have known something wasn't right about you..." Blaine hissed. "Why did you kidnap us? And what the hell are you planning to do with us?!"
"Yeesh, would you calm down already? I just needed you two for some experiments..." Doctor X says. "Ever since I got involved with Digimon years ago, I've devoted my entire life to researching Digimon... Ah, what powerful creatures they are, aren't they? I'm so glad I finally got my hands on a pure Digidestined Digimon, and their partner's Digivice... Now I can really do some more advanced research. And don't worry, I won't hurt either of you during the process... As long as you're not stupid." Doctor X smirked, Blaine glaring fiercely at him.
"I do remember trying to send some of my Troopmon's after you guys to kidnap one if you... But since they failed to capture any of you, I had to take matters into my own hands."
"Wait a minute... You're the one who's been sending those Troopmon after us?!" Blaine asks, shocked.
"Yes, I have... They sure are impressive, aren't they?" Doctor X boasted. "I made them myself. And they're not the only Digimon I've created... I know you Digidestined did defeat some of them, although there is something weird going on... One of my Troopmon have simply gone missing, instead of being defeated... Any chance you might know where they went off to?"
"...Like I'd ever tell you." Blaine said sternly, Doctor X raising an eyebrow at him.
"I have my ways of making you talk. But I'm not going to worry about that right now..." Doctor X says, smirking as he leaned in closer to Blaine. "Either way... You're gonna be here for a long time."

Meanwhile...
The rest of the group was still hanging out at the room, Blaire and Dorumon there as well. Everyone was trying to keep themselves occupied, but still looked pretty bored. Logan was tending to Troopmon, Erik was still trying to text Blaine, but receiving no response as usual. Charlee was strumming on her guitar, Cora watching her endlessly across the room, a light blush on her face.
"Cora... You stare at her a lot..." BlackGabumon says. "When are you going to ask her out?"
"Huh? Uh, I don't know yet..." Cora says, awkwardly looking down as she fiddled with her hands. "I'm still really nervous about asking her..." She sighed, looking back up at Charlee as she frowned. "Also... Don't get me wrong, Charlee is really cool, but... I still don't know that much about her. I just wish there was a way for me to get to know more about her... What she's really like. I really don't want a repeat of what happened with Rosalie..."
"Hmm... Maybe you could try asking Hoshi about her? He is her little brother and all..." BlackGabumon says, the two looking over at Hoshi and Kudamon across the room, who were sitting on the couch.
"That's not a bad idea, actually..." Cora says, standing up out of her chair. "Alright, just gotta be cool and discreet..." Cora casually walked over to Hoshi, BlackGabumon following close behind.
"Hey, Hoshi... You wanna go on a walk for a bit?" Cora asks. "Just the two of us?"
"Uh, sure..." Hoshi stood up off the couch, stretching his arms. "Can I bring Kudamon with? You know, just in case we run into any Digimon or whatever..."
"Yeah, of course." Cora nodded. "I'm bringing BlackGabumon with too."