Chapter 1: The Disappearance of Will Byers pt.1

Some lights are flickering. After a few moments, a man in a lab coat bursts through the door, running. Behind him, an alarm is sounding. Cut to him running through hallways. He eventually reaches an elevator and frantically pushes the button. The elevator begins coming down. He looks back down the hallway and then goes back to pushing the button. The elevator dings and opens. He gets in and pushes the button inside of the elevator. He stands for a moment, breathing heavily. A low growling is heard above him. He looks up and the growling grows louder. As the elevator doors close, he screams and is pulled upwards. His blood is dropping down on the floor.

A sprinkler is on outside. Cut to a wide shot of the house.

MIKE: Something is coming. Something hungry for blood. A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness.

It is almost here.

We see Dustin, Lucas, Jane and Will, all four boys and singular girl around a table. They're playing Dungeons and Dragons.

WILL: What is it?

DUSTIN: What if it's the Demogorgon? Oh, Jesus, we're so screwed if it's the Demogorgon.

LUCAS: It's not the Demogorgon.

JANE: It's troglodytes.

MIKE: An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!

Mike slams a figurine onto the table.

DUSTIN: Troglodytes?

LUCAS: Told ya.

They laugh. Mike suddenly looks nervous and looks around.

MIKE: Wait a minute. Did you hear that? That... that sound? Boom... boom... Boom!

He slams his hands on the table, startling the others.

MIKE: That didn't come from the troglodytes, no, that... That came from something else. The Demogorgon!

Mike slams another figurine onto the table.

DUSTIN: We're in deep shit.

MIKE: Will, your action!

WILL: I don't know!

LUCAS: Fireball him!

WILL: I'd have to roll a 13 or higher

DUSTIN: Too risky.

Jane: Cast a protection spell!

LUCAS: Don't be a pussy. Fireball him!

DUSTIN: Cast Protection.

MIKE: The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering! It stomps towards you. Boom!

LUCAS: Fireball him, Will!

MIKE: Another stomp, boom.

DUSTIN: Cast Protection.

MIKE: He roars in anger!

WILL: Fireball!

Will throws some dice, but they fall off the table.

WILL: Oh, shit!

LUCAS: Where'd it go?

JANE: Where is it?

They all get up from the table to search for the die.

WILL: I don't know!

DUSTIN: Is it a 13?

WILL: I don't know!

LUCAS: Where is it?

DUSTIN: Oh, my God! Oh, my God! Oh, my God!