Chapter 8: The Battle At Starcourt pt. 1 (revised)

Y/N screams and sobs and wails in pain.

Robin: What is that?

Mike: There's something in there.

Johnathan: Jesus Christ.( ᴵᵗ'ˢ ᴶᵃˢᵒⁿ ᴮᵒʳⁿᵉ) Keep him talking and keep him awake, okay?

Johnathan runs off to one of the many kitchen areas and grabs supplies as the rest stand around Y/N.

Dustin: Jesus Christ.

Eleven: Hey, hey, hey. Five stay awake, stay awake.

Nancy: Let's get him on this side, on this side. Easy, easy, easy, easy.

Robin: It's, uh... You know, it's not actually that bad. There was a... The goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg, and the bone came out of her knee, six inches or something, it was insane.

Steve: Robin.

Robin: Yeah?

Steve: You're not helping.

Robin: I'm sorry.

Johnathan runs back and crouches down beside Y/N.

Johnathan: Okay. All right, Five? This is gonna hurt like hell, okay?

Y/N: Okay.

Jonathan: Need you to stay real still. Here, you're gonna want to bite down on this, okay?

Y/N grabs the wooden spoon from Johnathan and bites onto it hard. John takes a deep breath and cuts down on Y/N's legs causing the boy to scream while he still holds the spoon in his mouth.

Dustin: Jesus Christ. Holy shit. Holy shit.

Y/N: *muffled* Do it.

Johnathan: Okay.

Johnathan, with gloves on pushes his fingers inside the boys leg causing him to scream louder in pain. The other can't help but feel in pain as he continues to scream in pain.

Y/N: Stop it! Stop! Stop! I can do it. I can do it.

Johnathan backs away as Y/N sits up and holds his hand out.

Eleven: God!

The other feel the room start to shake as they see blood starting to pour out his nostril. Y/N pushes the moving creature out of his leg and holds in in the air.

Steve: What the hell?!

Will: What is that thing?

Y/N pushes it away from him and launching the small creature across the mall. It slowly limps towards him but it screeches as a foot stomps on it. The person reveals themselves as Hopper, behind him is Joyce, Terry and Murray.

【Sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇʀ Tʜɪɴɢs
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8: Tʜᴇ Bᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ Aᴛ Sᴛᴀʀᴄᴏᴜʀᴛ Mᴀʟʟ】

W

ith the full party together the gang all rest around while Mike explains to Joyce and Hopper about the Mind Flayer.

Mike: The Mind Flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins, to stop Five, to kill him and pave a way into our world.

Nancy: And it almost did. That was just one tiny piece of it.

Hopper: How big is this thing?

Jonathan: It's big. Thirty feet, at least.

Lucas: Yeah. It sorta destroyed your cabin. Sorry.

Steve: Okay, so, just to be clear, this... this big fleshy spider thing that hurt Five, it's some kind of gigantic... weapon?