Chapter 2: The Mallrat

Quick A/N but a little announcement, I know some will say this chapter is a carbon copy or the series with a few extra line here and there but most of what I'm writing isn't really sitting well with me. That's why I took one of the comments to heart. Someone asked to make Y/N[Five] more mature, and I am but we also gotta realize he's kinda easily manipulative. I'm trying my best and hope that we can get patient with this but here goes nothing.
-

----------------------------

Y/N stands on the porch looking out on the main trial hoping to se El, who's late. He paces around for a while before walking into the house and walking to the phone passing Hopper who makes breakfast.

Hopper: Hey. Is everything okay?

Y/N: Yes.

Y/N dials Jane's home phone number in hopes she's there.

Becky: Hello, this is the Ives.

Y/N: Hey Ms. Becky is everything okay.

Becky: Yeah why do you ask?

Y/N: Well I was wondering if Jane was there.

Becky: She's at Mike's the last I heard.

Y/N: Thank you.

Y/N hangs uo the phone and dials Mike home.

Karen: Wheelers.

Y/N: Ms. Wheeler is Y/N, we met a few months ago. Im trying to find Jane, I was told by her aunt that she's there.

Karen: Oh hi, Y/N yeah give me a sec, Mike! Phone!

Y/N waits for a moment at Mike picks up.

Mike: Hello?

Y/N: It Y/N, I need to talk to El.

Mike: Um she's...not h...

Y/N: Don't Lie to me Mike, her aunt told me she was there, your mom told me you were there and I can see into the void, just put her on the phone.

The other line is silent. Y/N waits patiently as El picks up.

Eleven: Hello?

Y/N: It's 9:32. Where are you?

Eleven: Sorry, I... I was just about to call. I, um...can't see you today.

Y/N: Why not?

Eleven: It's my aunt. She's very sick.

Y/N stared at the phone skeptically. He was just on the phone with her.

Y/N: El? Did you lie?

Eleven breathing hitches.

Eleven: What? No.

Y/N: Friends don't lie.

Eleven: What, what do you mean, listen I gotta go. Talk to you tomorrow. Miss you already. Bye!

Y/N: El!