CH1 - The Vanishing of Will Byers [PT3]

"Y/n, do you copy?" I heard my radio go off. "It's Mike, over." I heard my radio as I laid on mu bed. I got up and went over to pick it up.

I replied with, "Hey Mike, what do you- uh- need? Over."

"I wanted to ask if you wanted to.. to go look for Will. Over." I always loved how much those four cared for each other.

"Yeah, I'll go. Where do you want to meet? Over."

"Where they found Will's bike. Meet us in ten minutes. Over."

"Copy that, over and out." I pushed the antenna back. I peaked out of my room. I knocked on Jonathan's door.

"It's open." He responded.

I peaked my head in. "Hey, could you cover for me? The kids and I are going out to look for Will, and partly because I don't want anything happening to them." He looked over at me.

"Yeah, I guess I could." He gave a side smile.

"Thank you Jonathan." I returned the smile to him and walked out. I packed up things in an extra bag and also a baton. I climbed out of my window and headed for my bike. I looked back to the house and got on and rode.

I was waiting there for a few minutes and I saw the group heading this way. I gave them a wave. As they got there, we got off our bikes.

"This is it." Dustin said as he sighed. "Hey guys, you feel that?" He asked as he looked up to the sky. "I think maybe we should go back."

"No. We're not going back." Mike said sternly.

"Just stay close if you're so scared." I told Dustin.

"I am not scared. It's just the storm!"

"Mh-hm, if you say so Dustin. Come on." I said as we headed out way off the road, with me leading and Mike next to me, 'co-leading'. As we walked further into the woods, it started to rain harder. Minutes pass as we are all yelling for Will.

"Will!" Mike yells. "Will!"

Lucas shouts, "Byers!"

"I've got your 'X-Men 134!" Dustin blurts out.

"Will!" I scream.

"Guys I really think we should turn back." Dustin says.

"Seriously, Dustin." Lucas and I say at the same time.

"You wanna be a baby, then go home already." Lucas argues to Dustin.

"I'm just being realistic, Lucas." Dustin argues back.

"No, you're just being a big sissy!"

"Do you think Will went missing because he ran into something bad," my mind went back to the missing gun. I grabbed my baton from my bag. "-and we're going to the exact same spot where he was last seen, and we have no weapons or anything."

"Well, I have this baton. Isn't that a weapon?" I say to Dustin.

"Yeah, like it would kill Bigfoot." Dustin said sarcastically. "I'm just saying, does this seem smart to all of you?"

"Shut up, shut up." Mike says to Dustin. "Do you guys hear that?" I start to hear rustling.

"All of you behind me. Now!" I say loudly. They all get behind me. We turn to where the noise came from and nothing's there. We hear it one more time and we turn around to see someone with a shaved head in a long sleeved burger sweatshirt. We all froze looking at her with our flashlights on them. She looked terrified. "Hey." I say to her as I put my baton down slowly. "We aren't going to hurt you, okay?" She looked at me. "What's your name?" I started walking closer to her. She took a step back. "Okay, it's okay. We are not here to harm you." I look over to the three kids behind me. "We were just looking for someone."

Mike steps up. "Hey do you wanna get out of this rain? You could come to my house, to get out of the rain." She took her eyes off me and looked at Mike. She shook her head yes. "Okay, come on. You can ride on the back of my bike." I stuck out my hand for her. She looked at me then my hand. She slowly took it.

"Here." I took off my raincoat and put it around her. "You okay?" She shook her head yes. We all walked back to our bikes, and when we got to them we quickly headed to the Wheeler's house.

(746 Words)

> END OF CHAPTER 1 <