Chapter 9

His strong arms were wrapped tightly around my waist as he was spooning me from behind. "I've missed you so much." He murmured in my ear.

My mouth formed a soft smile in response. I've missed him too. But not really capable of speaking, I snuggled my body back into him.

"Mmm.. That's a dangerous move, kitten." He whispered, his tone was sly and amused.

I let out a giggle for him, still pushing and grinding back a bit by bit towards his hard body behind me. I heard a deep groan in my ear then I felt his arm pulling me even tighter. "I warned you.." And with a fast pull, his arm flipped me over on my back and with one swift shift he climbed on top of me. "My kitty needs to be punished now." He said, his voice hushed and hot over my face as he leaned down slowly, brushing his lips gently over mine.

My eyes closed immediately and my body pushed itself up, wanting to feel and have him more. I heard his chuckle but I refused to open my eyes.

Following my body, my head lifted and I pressed my lips more into him. I've missed him so much. I inhaled a deep breath and slid my tongue over his mouth, I've missed the taste of him..

My hands moved up and I tangled my fingers through his hair as he started moving and twisting his tongue over mine, fighting for dominance but I didn't give in, I wanted him just as badly as he wanted me...

Then I heard a sharp noise, like someone had been knocked out and the air rushed right out of their lungs. Toji's mouth was still on me but I didn't feel his warmth against me anymore. Instead, I felt his mouth getting colder and stiffer. My eyes opened immediately, expecting to see his dark green eyes in front of me but I didn't!

Instead, two hazy and grey looking eyes were staring down lifelessly at me, not really catching me in them. Then his body fell heavily on top of me as I started to feel something warm in my mouth, pouring unstoppably. I cought the iron taste in it and I gagged, gasping and pushing my Toji away but he didn't budge!

"God, please, God, no..." I started screaming, my feet kicking as hard as they could at his dead and disintegrated body that was lying on top of me... His corpse...

"NO!" Screaming and gasping for air, I jumped to sit up, my chest rising and falling heavily.

It was only a dream, I told myself, he is dead and that was just a dream...

I moved my shaky hand up to my mouth, it's like I could still feel the taste of his blood on my tongue. And my whole body shivered uncontrollably.

I smacked my sweaty forehead with my palm, this's the first time I dream about him in two years. I don't know what happened to me, even though I missed him greatly everyday, I stopped seeing him in my dreams. And as sad as that might be, I was relieved about it. Because seeing him in my dreams would always have a severe and painful toll on me whenever I woke up... like what was happening right now.

I sighed and looked around me, it was barely dawn. The events of yesterday started rushing back to my mind. I went straight to my room and never got out again. I didn't even bother to go get dinner. I just threw myself over the bed and never got up, I don't even remember when and how did I fall asleep!

Looking down at my black jeans and tank top, I realized I was still in yesterday's clothes. I needed a shower and a quick change before I head to Yaga's office again, to finish discussing my teaching situation here.

Yes, some time in my agitated state last night, I decided to stay. I wasn't really sure what was the more stupid decision here, running away from my past problems or staying and facing them!

But I chose to face them. I knew I couldn't keep on running away forever, and what happened here when I came to this school was my point exactly. I tried running away, I tried ignoring them and start fresh, but they followed me, and they will keep on following me, forcing me to face and deal with them.