Chapter 21

It's been two weeks now since that night with Satoru. I had finally returned to my daily teaching routine at the school. Everything was still messy around here and I had to pick up on Gojo's classes because he was away on a highly secret mission, according to Yaga. So I haven't seen him, and I was kind of glad I didn't. Because I still didn't know how to act with him when I see him again.

After what happened between us that day, the things we shared and the long makeout session we had, his phone kept buzzing and eventually he had to leave and go see Yaga. Without discussing what we did, leaving me clueless to where we stand in that awkward situation we've created.

I just finished at the school and was about to head back to my dorm. The first years were off for a new mission, going to inspect some suicide accidents that kept happening on some bridge near Megumi's old school. So I instructed them on what they should be doing and told them to be careful before they head for it.

As I was walking, my phone started ringing all of a sudden and I picked it up quickly then frowned down at the screen. I don't know why I expected it to be a call from Satoru. Disappointed, I turned my alarm off and shoved it back in my pocket. Taking my pack of cigarettes out instead.

Reaching the dormitory, I lit my cigarette and stopped for a little bit to smoke. Dragging heavy smoke and breathing it out into October's night sky. I missed him, I'm not going to deny it. I even missed his teasing and how annoying he can get sometimes. I couldn't even pick a suitable name for what I was feeling towards him. But I knew one thing for sure, since my mind kept repeating the things he told me that night. About his old lover, who I knew now as Geto Suguru, and how he was his one and only. I knew I couldn't help but keep feeling small shots of jealousy tugging at my heart whenever I replay those words in my mind.

And this was something I've established before, on why I felt jealous over him, but now after what we did, it kind of spiked a little. I wanted him for myself. I didn't want to hear about his past or anyone else he was involved with. As needy and greedy as that may sound, I wanted those blue eyes only for myself. I wanted to be the only one who can look into them, feel them taking me whole and releasing me into another space, somewhere away, where there's no one and nothing else but me and Satoru...

I puffed my last smoke and put my cigarette out, shaking my head at myself. "You sound like a dramatic teenager." I muttered under my breath and started walking again to my room. This's going to be another long night of thinking and restless sleep.

Sighing, I unlocked my door with my key and pushed it open, entering the dark room and closing it behind me. Then I reached blindly towards the light switch and flicked it open. But as the room lit up, I instantly jumped back and a loud gasp erupted from my throat that I literally choked and started coughing.

"Hey..." He sheepishly waved at me from where he was sitting on my bed.

I reached to grab a fist of my shirt over my heart and started panting. Feeling my heart pounding heavily in my chest at the sight of him. "What the fuck are you doing?" I snapped horrifically.

"I honestly expected a more warm welcoming.." He murmured, his brows furrowing but his lips were smiling at me.

I shook my head. "Why were you sitting in the dark like that?" My feet started moving further into the room when I felt my heart finally settling.

"Waiting for you..." He shrugged. "I didn't want to go and see everyone else before seeing you.."

"Satoru.." I whispered, sighing and running my arm across my forehead, wiping some sweat away. He really nearly gave me a heart attack.

"I've missed you.." He whispered, the sneaky smile fading from his lips and a frown was now replacing it.

Stunned by his words, I nodded tightly at him and stayed put in my place, standing awkwardly in front of him. Not really able to form my thoughts correctly.