Chapter 19

"I missed you so much..." I whispered softly, too soft and too careful not to make a sudden move as I held him tightly to me. Somehow, my mind acknowledged the fact this was only a dream I was having. So I knew too well this wasn't real, and I didn't want to make any wrong moves and ruin it.

"Stay with me a little longer, please.." My voice started cracking and my throat choking as I pulled him even more, feeling his warm skin and gentle touches all over my back.

"You have no idea, Toji, no idea how hard everything got after you..." I whispered, then started crying, my tears streaming helplessly down my cheeks and into his chest, where I was laying my head on top of him. Listening to his heartbeat, the sound that I knew for sure didn't exist anymore..

"Please, please, God let this last a little bit longer..." I started whispering prayers, crying and begging for him to stay like this with me. I've missed him so much, so much to the point of feeling my heart burning with the ache of his loss even though I was laying right there between his arms. Because I knew it will have to be over soon...

And my fears came true when I started feeling my whole body being pulled away from my favorite place in the entire world, and all the way back to reality. My consciousness came back slowly as my body started to wake up. Cursing the whole universe in my mind, I started slowly opening my eyes.

I was laying under a thick cover and my body felt like it was trapped under something. Something hard and warm was being pressed over my back, spooning me tightly from behind. And for a second, I didn't react, thinking that it was only the dream I was having and the feeling of it was still lingering. But then the confusion hit me when it stayed a little longer, and whatever was behind me, it was breathing now!

Then out of nowhere, I started hearing a phone vibrating near me. That's odd! I thought to myself, I never put my phone on silent mode!

It took only a few seconds for the events of last night to come rushing back to my brain and I jumped, jolted myself and jumped from under the covers to sit up on the bed I was sleeping on. It was Satoru's bed! And I'd spent the night here with him! Sleeping between his arms!

Freaking out, my body scooted back far away from him, trying to have enough space for myself on his queen size bed.

"Oh, for fuck's sake..." I muttered annoyingly as I reached for Satoru's phone that's been buzzing nonstop this entire time under his pillow. Checking the screen, it said 'Yaga'. I looked back at Satoru and he was still deep in his sleep.

"Hey, wake up.." I nudged him on his torso from above the covers, he didn't even move.

The phone stopped buzzing and I glanced at the clock. "Shit! Satoru, wake the fuck up!" I started shaking him more urgently "It's fucking two in the afternoon!"

He groaned loudly and only shifted his body on the bed, turning his back to me.

"WAKE UP!" I shouted again, taking a pillow and hitting him on his back. "We missed our classes today!!"

"I.." a big muffled yawn escaped him. "I don't care..." he murmured sleepily, and this time, he covered his head with the cover.

"Goddamn it, Gojo, I'm going to get ready and head to see Yaga..." I huffed and started moving on the bed to get off and go. "I can't believe you idiot don't use an alarm to wake up!" I snapped at him, feeling more annoyed with myself than with him. Because I was the actual dumbass who stayed the night here, forgetting to turn on my alarm and every atom of logic in my brain with it.

Before my feet could reach the floor, I felt two strong arms wrap around my stomach and pull me back into the bed. I gasped for air. "What are you..." But then I stopped talking when I finally realized what he's done.