Chapter 26

"I'm talking to you.. stop for a goddamn second!" Satoru shouted after me on the school yard.

I stormed out of the cafeteria as soon as we said goodbye to Nanami, who said he was going to meet with Yaga. I didn't know what to do then, Satoru's pressing gaze on me made me feel smaller and smaller and just like what I always do in situations like these, I run! As fast as I can, to clear my head away and avoid confronting him. But this time, he's not letting me have it. There was no door between us and no Panda to use and Satoru was following after me.

"I just want to talk..."

"I can't talk to you right now, Satoru, let's go to class and do our job." I said, exhaling rapidly as my feet kept walking faster and faster away from him.

My legs burning from walking fast, I finally reached the first years classroom and slid the door open. As soon as I stepped into the room I was met with three pairs of eyes looking at me. So I headed to the desk and leaned both of my hands on it, giving them my back and started catching my breath. Few seconds went by and I didn't hear the door opening again, telling me that Satoru didn't follow me all the way here.

"Miss Kubo...!" I heard Yuji calling me but I didn't turn to look at him, I just kept dragging heavy breaths and nodding my head.

"Are you alright?" He asked again.

"I'm... I'm okay..." I said breathlessly and finally turned to face them. I saw Yuji's concerned eyes first and then Nobara's. And then on the left I finally spotted Megumi. Who was sitting and also looking worried. I nodded to him and then gave them all the fakest smile ever. Feeling the need to restore my old demeanor, but I knew I looked freaked out and my face flushed and dripping with sweat right then, so there was no point in trying.

"Okay..." I said, slapping my hands on my thighs and straightening my back. "We will start the class when Gojo comes, for now, let's rewind what we did the other lesson..." As soon as I finished saying this, the classroom door slid open and there stood the tall figure of none other than him, Satoru.

My breath got caught for a second but I recovered quickly. Making sure no one else noticed, I nodded to him and started walking to the back of the classroom. Like I always do in every lesson we have, after all, Satoru was the primary teacher.

His left hand still gripping the door, he ran the other one through his hair and then he took off his glasses. Resting them on his head and flashing us all his illuminated blue eyes, I looked down.

"The three of you, get out!" I heard him say, the sternness in his voice made the hairs on my neck stand.

"What..." Nobara muttered and I lifted my face in that moment to see them turning their heads at one another.

"No class today, get the fuck out!" Satoru said again, a little louder this time and the three of them instantly started shuffling and standing up. My face went blank when I realized what he's doing. He wants to talk, and he sure backed me into a fucking corner of my own doing. But he should know better! He should know better than to drag our personal issues into our work!

As I was standing in the far back of the classroom, I caught Megumi's eyes land on me when he stood and lifted his bag into his shoulder, his eyes stayed focused on me for a second.

As if he wanted me to give him some kind of a sign, like somehow he knew what this was all about. And when I finally snapped myself out and blinked, I nodded slightly to him, telling him that it was all right.

Megumi nodded back and shoved his hands into his pockets then walked past Satoru, without saying a word or even glancing at him.

When the three of them were finally out of the classroom, Satoru closed the door behind him and walked more into the room.