Chapter 12

"You two better start explaining!!!" I snapped at both Yuji and Satoru, who were now sitting on a filthy old couch in front of me. Gojo clearly took over this abandoned apartment and made it a perfect hideaway spot for Yuji.

I was crossing my arms and tapping my foot furiously on the floor. "I was just comforting your best friends about your death! Literally two hours ago! And now..." I pointed my hand at Itadori. "You're back from the dead! How is that possible?"

Yuji scratched the back of his head then looked nervously at Gojo, who was sitting comfortably on the couch, just looking at me from behind his blindfold, amused.

"Gojo sensei said it would be better for now if I stayed dead..." Itadori murmured and I glanced back at Gojo, raising my brow at him.

He chuckled. "Oh come on, you're supposed to be glad that he's alive and well..." He sat upright, leaning on his knees. "And yes, it would be safer for him if he stayed dead..."

"Why? Is there someone after him?" My brows furrowed at Gojo as I started to feel the worry rising in me.

Gojo shook his head. "I will get into those details later, for now, I'm starving and I'm ordering food. S you better stay, Ania." He pointed a finger at me warningly and pulled out his phone to order.

"No, I have to head back. We need to talk, Gojo. But I'll have my talk with you another time." I said as I pulled out my phone too to order a taxi.

"Why? What do you have?" Gojo suddenly stood up and came to where I was standing, too close, to where I was standing.

I glanced up at him as he towered over me, trying my best to not seem fazed by his closeness or whatever my stomach was trying to tell me while I was under his gaze.

"I have to get back to the school..." I managed to say and swallowed, shifting my eyes back down to my phone's screen again as I spoke. "I need to start planing a training course for the exchange event..." I shook my head, still feeling Satoru's gaze pressing over me. "Which, thanks to you, will be all on me.... Hey!!" I snapped when my phone got snatched out of my hand.

"Give it back, what's wrong with you?" I yelled at him as I tried to reach up for my phone, which, he had held so high above me while my hands could barely reach his neck.

"Gladly, that's something I've got all covered for you." He said, smirking.

I stopped and looked at him, confused. "What does this supposed to mean?"

"It means, I sent the second years earlier to go and meet our beloved first years." He finally lowered his hand but still didn't give me my phone back. "And they'll be in charge of the training, considering they're more experienced.."

"And what about Yuji?" I nodded at the kid, who was sitting on the couch, gaping at us awkwardly.

"Yuji here, will be in the good and safe hands of our beloved Miss Kubo." He said, a sneaky smile forming on his lips.

"Oh no, no, no, nope!" I shook my head and in one swift move, snatched my phone from his hand and took a few steps back. "I'm not babysitting him, no offense kid." I pointed at Yuji.

"None taken, I guess.." Yuji frowned.

"You're an assistant to me, Ania! So do your job, assist!" Gojo said and waved dramatically at Yuji.

I shook my head again. "No, I don't know what you're planing and I don't want to be a part of it, since you clearly don't tell me anything." I said, feeling my cheeks flushing in anger already. This man was getting on every goddamn nerve I had.

"You don't have to do anything, just stay with him and keep him safe!" Gojo shrugged, then another sneaky smile formed on his mouth. "And maybe go on a few missions to sharpen his powers..." He started grinning sheepishly at me.