Chapter 28

Small, rough dots were spreading all over my bare back under his fingertips. I kept my eyes closed as Satoru's hand kept going up and down, slowly, tracing my spine under my skin. The growing quietness of his dark room made only the sound of my slow breathing heard in my ears.

"I think you're right..." I said, my voice mumbled from pressing my face down over the mattress and laying on my stomach. "My body does love you."

He chuckled softly, then I felt his fingers stop as his whole body shifted and came pressing over my back. "I told you." I heard his whisper then felt his mouth, kissing my back as he laid over me.

"Keep at it and you might persuade my heart next."

"Hmm.. I think we're getting there..." He kissed me again, his hand rubbing down at my hip bone.

I giggled softly, then we fell quiet again. I knew we weren't falling asleep any time soon, despite how tiring our day was. Because my mind was spinning, jumping, all over the place. And I could feel his doing the same, too.

It's all because of the things Yaga discussed with us in the staff meeting this afternoon. About the attacks that kept happening and increasing in many different areas across Tokyo.

And it shouldn't be that surprising to us, considering it was our typical job. But what did, was the curse residues that were discovered at the scene. The residues that belonged to a certain sorcerer, a sorcerer who should be dead a year ago by the hands of the man laying on top of me right now.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I murmured, my eyes were opened now and gazing at nothing in the dark. I felt Satoru's body stiffening slightly then relaxing as he exhaled a very heavy sigh.

"I don't think so..." He whispered, then I felt his body weight lifting off of me as he moved away and settled on his side of the bed. I spun around, pulling the covers up and over my bare breasts as I faced his side. My body propped by my elbow.

"Okay, but..." I reached my hand to him, pressing over his chest, where his heart was. "You should know, Satoru, I do believe you..."

He sighed heavily again, then his hand found mine and he lifted it up to his mouth, kissing it. "I know." He whispered.

I moved to him, finding my way through the covers to lay my head over his chest. Satoru wrapped his arm around me. "It's gotta be some misunderstanding..."

"It's okay, Ania. I know... I know what I did, I know how it happened, so I'm sure it's not him. I don't care what those higher idiots say, whether they believe me or not, I know I..."

Satoru stopped, his voice broke and I immediately moved up and wrapped my arms around him, my head burying into his neck. "It's okay..."

"I know I killed him..."

I nodded into him, hearing the heavy sobs that started escaping his chest, breaking the quietness around us and breaking my heart with them.

"It's okay..." I whispered again, lifting my face up to inch closer to him, pressing my lips against his wet cheek.

"We can go tomorrow..." I said when I pulled back, tasting his salty tears over my lips. "We can visit the scene, and you'll be able to make sure of it yourself. If it's one of his curses or not, okay?"

He sighed, then I felt his hand coming up to wipe his face roughly as he nodded into my hand. "I was planning on it..."

I nodded slowly, moving myself back into his embrace. Satoru's arms wrapped around me once again. "Thank you..." he whispered.

"Shut up."

He chuckled softly, his voice was still hoarse when he tightened his hold on me and said. "I love you, Ania.."