Chapter 11 | Blast of pain

UNEDITED

I glared at him, and he smiled.

"That's a nice expression."

I pulled him close, and his eyes widened in surprise. Clutching his shirt, I used the momentum to flip him over and reverse our positions, with me being on top of him.

"That's a dangerous game you're playing, lieutenant. But I wouldn't complain about the view." He pushed against me and I yelped.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

"Are you fighting or flirting? Because Tartaglia tends to say it's the same thing."

"No matter what tortilla said, I'm trying to kill you."

"Nice."

He pushed against me again, and I jumped, backing away.

"Try to kill me again," he chuckled. "Jokes aside, I really do need to kill you now, Velikaia."

"Yeah thanks for getting back at the same page as me. Let's get this over with."

"About that...our time is up now. Adios."

"What the-"

"This domain will self destruct in about a minute. Of course, you two can't get out. But I do need to get going."

"Wait, at least tell me who was after the Shirasagi Princess."

"Really?" He gave me a look of disbelief, before letting out a sigh. "It was the young master of the hiiragi clan. Well, we can't exactly call him that since he's from a branch family. And I forgot that asshole's name anyway. Well then, I'm going."

He ran towards the door, and I ran after him. He pulled a string which opened the door. As it was closing, I was about to stop it, when he smiled mischievously.

"Lieutenant, you can't open the door from that side. Of course, you can't open it after you come to this side either. I've broken the mechanism completely. Once this door closes, it will never open again. If you turn back now and get him, you won't make it. What will it be, lieutenant?"

The door closed moments later.

"Ah, we're really screwed, Commissioner," I laughed, and sat down next to him. The gas had mostly escaped through the door from the cold air wave I created as I ran towards it, but we had other problems now.

How do I get out of here?

Okay, he said a minute. We have at least ten seconds now. Ayato couldn't really cast anything in the state he was in, so it was up to me.

With the power of my vision alone we may be able to handle the initial explosion, but not the shockwave that came afterwards. I have to do it while protecting him.

"No other way, huh?"

I didn't want to use it, but it was the last hope we had of ever getting out. If I remember correctly, we came a long way from above before jumping into this room. The fatui fled from a side door. He said that this domain would self destruct..the most effective way would be blowing it up. And that meant.. fire.

If I make use of it, we can make a path that leads outside. No time to hesitate.

"Okay, you pain in the ass," I told the delusion as I took it out. "Let's get you to work."

The electro light shone as if it were mocking me, and I rolled my eyes. "Try and kill me if you can."

Seconds later, everything came falling apart as one set of explosives set of another. Pieces of wood and concrete came flying from every angle, some managing to leave their traces with blood. A piece of rock flew before I could prepare myself, and left a deep cut on my abdomen. I concentrated all of my elemental energy, and used the delusion with it to create powerful enough barriers one above the other and moved to shield the commissioner from any harm.

The few seconds that passed seemed like minutes, and when the initial shock of it all passed, I broke down the barrier. Using all of the elemental energy and my vision along with delusion took its toll on me, and I fell to my knees, panting heavily.

When I had collected myself enough, I glanced at the commissioner, who was still unconscious, but there didn't seem to be any external injuries. "Thank..that stupid delusion. I knew it would come to use one day."

Now that the domain was in pieces, I only had to follow the direction of the wind to get out. I found a cave nearby with a little lake Infront. There were little bilimuni shining things that gave the place a magical feeling. Carrying the commissioner all the way there while I was exhausted was an experience, to say the least. And I still had to give him the antidote.

What if he dies..what if I can't get it to him on time?

No. I have to do this.

Finding the correct herbs were a problem, but I had some on hand for situations like this, so I was able to use those to mix an antidote. The most important one was also the one I didn't have, and getting it while holding my internal organs together was harder than I imagined it would be. It had been two days since I had him breath in the primarily formed antidote I had, though it wasn't that effective. What if he never wakes up?

Wait, how the heck do I feed him this?

Punch him awake and threaten him to drink?

Pour it in his mouth and hope for the best?

Inject it into his soul?

This was probably the biggest problem of all. As I was pondering over what to do, the commissioner's eyes fluttered open.

"Kurimiya-san?" He muttered weakly.

I smiled. "Nice timing. Eat this." I shoved the antidote in his mouth, and he swallowed, coughing afterwards.

"That actually would be good for a hotpot- what is that?"

"Poison."

"What?"

"The antidote. Commissioner, you really can't take a joke."

"It doesn't sound like a joke coming from you." I handed him some water, and he drank some. "Kurimiya-san.."

"Hm?"

"Were you.. worried about me? Your eyes are red. Were you perhaps, crying?"

I huffed and turned away. "Assassins like me don't cry. Shut up."

He smiled like he was one step ahead, and I wanted to wipe it off his face.

"We can't move for at least another day. So brace yourself for the caveman life."

He chuckled. "Another joke?"

"No, really."

"But even if I can't move, you can. And you carried Ayaka the last time. We can also contact the Shuumatsuban..wait, what happened after I passed out?"

"That..I have something to tell you."

"Hm?"

"Now we know that fatui were involved with the two attacks on Aya-chan. So there's something you should know. I..used to be with the fatui."

****************
..I forgot I was supposed to update lmao

Have a great day y'all