Chapter 15 - Lively Mood

It was another day in class, Mephiles noticed the empty seat next to him meaning that Sonic wasn't going to show up in class. He wondered if Sonic actually ran away, he could be wrong though. Suddenly the lecturer got a phone call, he once again wondered if that was Sonic or his bodyguard on the phone.

After the lesson was over, he exit the class and went to find his maid.

"Silver, have you seen Sonic's bodyguard anywhere?"

The maid hurried over to him, "no, I haven't" he said, "is he absent?"

"Yeah...I'm kind of worried for the both of them. I'll try and call him" Mephiles took his phone out and pressed call on Sonic's number. He got even more concerned when Sonic didn't pick up.

"Why don't we just go visit him?" Silver suggested.

"You're right..."

They went into their car and Silver drove them to the college housing. The maid parked the car as they made it to Sonic's house. He got off and opened the door for his master.

"What if they're not here?" Mephiles asked, he hadn't taken a step yet after he got off the car.

"Master, you worry too much" Silver sighed as he closed the door, "I'm worried about his bodyguard too, but let's not be so negative about them" he smiled.

Mephiles still wasn't sure. He finally moved his feet and approached the front door with Silver following him from behind. He pressed the bell and not long later the door opened, it startled the pale hedgehog.

"Oh- master Mephiles, welcome" Shadow smiled and bowed his head, "would you like to come inside? My master would definitely be happy to see you" he opened the door wider to let the others in.

"Um...sure" Mephiles went inside and so did Silver before Shadow closed the door. "How are you and Sonic doing, by the way?"

"Thanks to your help that day I was able to bring my master home" Shadow chuckled, "and please don't waste your concern on us, we're getting along quite well"

Mephiles stared at Silver in disbelief while Silver just smiled at him.

"I'm glad to hear that then" Mephiles let a relieved sigh, "but where is Sonic? Why didn't he show up in class today?"

"Oh, did the lecturer not tell the class? I made a call earlier, Sonic is still sick to attend class for now" Shadow explained.

"The lecturer didn't say anything" Mephiles groaned, "is it alright for me to visit him? I don't want to bother him if he's still resting"

"It is alright" Shadow said and guide them upstairs, "in fact, he's been trying to get out of bed just to see you" he opened the room to Sonic's door.

Sonic was sitting on his bed, the blanket covered him from the waist down and he was reading some sort of novel.

"Master, you have a guest"

Sonic looked up to the door and gasped, then he coughed a lot.

"Mephiles! Come in! Sit here" the blue hedgehog beamed and tapped on the side of the bed.

"Wait for me in the living room, okay?" Mephiles told his maid before going inside the room.

Shadow closed the door, leaving the two alone in private. Mephiles chuckled when he saw how happy Sonic was to see him. He approached the bed and sat on the edge.

"Not even a text to your friend saying that you're sick?"

"Ah-" Sonic jolted, "I...I forgot...my eyes get so swirly when I look at my phone so I asked Shadow to put my phone away" he nervously smiled.