Chapter 20 - Best Guide

It was another day of Sonic attending his class with his two best friends. Like any other day, it was balanced with the boring lecture and the fun time he had with the two hedgehogs. Ever since his confession with Shadow three weeks ago and the peace they all made with Scourge, Sonic's anxiety had decreased little by little. Even though it's still there because of the pressure his parents put on him, he can still dodge the feelings by distracting himself by being with his bodyguard and friends.

One day, though, Mephiles finally decided to bring up the topic privately with Sonic. In the end, they eventually have to talk over their plan on cancelling their arranged marriage. As much as Sonic and Mephiles hated it, they knew they couldn't dodge it forever. They have to tell their parents if they wanted to keep their relationship with their servants. They both were actually hopeless when it comes to persuade their parents, but hey it was worth a shot. At least they tried to be honest rather than immediately running away without a trace.

The day after their deep conversation, they attended their class as calmly as they could. They were a bit anxious but they kept calm.

"Morning guys!" Scourge walked in.

"H-Hey!" Sonic waved at him.

"Morning" Mephiles smiled.

The green hedgehog didn't reach his seat and stood before them, he stared at them confusingly as if he already knew something was off between them.

"Are you guys okay?"

"Heck yeah, never been better" Sonic cracked a smile with his thumbs up.

"Absolutely fine, my good friend" Mephiles nodded while making an ok sign with his hand.

Scourge squinted his eyes, "hmm...you two seems a bit..." he trailed off as he finally sat down on his chair, "like you guys are radiating this weird emotion all of a sudden and it's still nine in the morning"

"Haha, you think so?" Mephiles sweat a little.

"Don't worry, Scourge, we're both are doing okay" Sonic chuckled.

...
...

"SCOURGE COME WITH US FOR A MOMENT" Sonic pulled Scourge from behind when their class ended.

"Please, we need to talk to you!" Mephiles begged.

Scourge stared at his friends in shock and confusion, the two were talking at the same time and most of what he heard was just them begging him to come with them.

"Alright alright! Just let us go see our servants before you kidnap me!"

They finally exit the class, met up with their servants and decided to hang out at Scourge's house. They stayed at Scourge's bedroom while the servants were in the kitchen, making their masters their lunch.

"Alright you maniacs, what is it? Why did you lie to me this morning?" Scourge sat on the edge of the bed, folding his hands over his chest. Sonic and Mephiles sat down on the carpet.

"We didn't want our anxiety to spread to the entire class...so we have to hold it in" Sonic said shamefully for some reason.

"Anyway, we really need your help to call our parents" Mephiles said and that made Scourge raised his brows in surprise.

"Huh? You want me to make the call?"

"No, we need your guide...like...what should we say to them? How can I convince my parents to meet up with Sonic's parents so we can talk about our relationship?" Mephiles clarified.

Scourge put his hands down to the sheets and sighed, "okay, but...do you guys really trust me with this? I know we talked about this probably like a month ago. I did say I would help you but I'm starting to think that maybe I'm not really the best choice" he chuckled nervously.

"We fully trust you!" Sonic exclaimed, "if things don't go well, it's not your fault" he smiled.

Scourge still couldn't believe that he was being put on this important position, he really thought they were pulling a prank on him but it didn't seem like it. They were serious.

"Man, you two are really crazy" he laughed, "but alright, I'll do my best to help you"

Sonic smiled brightly while Mephiles let out a relieved sigh.

Scourge didn't seem like a good choice in the servants' eyes, but that was because they never knew how Scourge was doing in class. He may crack some really bad jokes during class or seen as a bad influence to others, but when it comes to speak about a certain or chosen topic he was surprisingly the big deal.

Sonic and Mephiles still remembered that one time Scourge was being called to the front of the class to read his findings about the constitutional economics. Even the whole class really didn't expect him to have the overall best report and well-spoken explanation as according to their lecturer's judgement.

Scourge was like a whole different mobian whenever he stood in front of the class, when he sat back down to his seat he was back to being the class' most laid back hedgehog.

Sonic and Mephiles were listening deeply to every explanation Scourge gave to them, they even took notes which made Scourge laugh because he thought it was weird for them to take him very seriously.

They heard some knocks on the door before it was opened to reveal Fleetway, "pardon my interruption, masters, your lunch is ready"

"We'll be down in a minute" Scourge said and Fleetway nodded before closing the door and left.

"Okay! So...are we done here...or..." the green hedgehog raised his shoulders like he wasn't sure with what he just said.

"Hmm..." Sonic was staring at his notes, "I think I completely find this guide very helpful, thank you" he gazed up and smiled.

"Thanks, Scourge. We owe so much to you" Mephiles also smiled.

Scourge blushed and chuckled nervously, "haha! You two owe me nothing, it was really nothing! We don't even know if my tips are helpful or not"

"But we're still thankful that you're willing to help us! You're not kidding when you said your persuasion skill is good" Sonic laughed.

"Oh I agree with you" Mephiles said.

Scourge stood up and stroke Sonic's head, "okay lil blue you're starting to embarrass me" he chuckled, "let's go eat now, Fleetway will burst down my door if I don't show up to the dining room in the next two minutes"

Sonic and Mephiles put away their notes and finally head down to meet their servants at the dining room.