- Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Tʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ -

•••||•••

"What are doing here, Sunghoon?"

Jinni looks at him, his hair is now gray, and his skin is not the same as before. His eyes are not that clear compared to when he was younger but despite his old look, the man is still strong physically.

"How are you?"

She felt a heart pain in her chest when she heard her father's voice. It's full of emotions, it's not dry, it's not cold. She would be lying if she says that she was not affected by how much his tone changed, he was her father after all.

"I'm asking why you're here?"

She saw him let out a sigh,

"Your cousin called me... I heard you fell down the water, are you feeling well?"

She wanted to shout at him, but she doesn't know why she can't do it. So she just nodded, moving her gaze away from the man.

"Why do you sound like you care?"

"Because I am" he answered,

"Since when? As far as I know, you never cared for me" she answered coldly as she look at him in the eye, causing Sunghoon to avert his gaze.

"It was a long time ago, it's different now"

Jinni chuckled because of that, how dare he say that word now? How gibberish for him to come and see her after he abandoned her?

"There's no difference for me, and time can't cover all of the things that you did"

"I came here even though I have a work just to see you, I don't want to have another fight"

"Did I disturb you? If so, you don't really have to go here... You can go after done talking to the doctor, so I can discharge and go home" she answered calmly, as much as possible she doesn't want to argue with him.

She realized that despite the pain she experienced when she was still young, hating him will never gonna change anything in her life. The mess was done, it will never gonna turned back everything that had happened.

But it doesn't mean she has moved on, it doesn't mean the pain was no longer there because even if Jinni will forgive her father, the pain will never go away. Because experiencing pain is part of a person's life, she's a human after all.

"I just arrived, and you're already pushing me away?"

She didn't answer him quickly, she doesn't really know what to say. After she received a slap twice that time, that was the last time she took a glimpse of him. Because after that, she was thrown out, away far from her mother's embrace.

After many years, this was the first time she saw him again. And to be honest, she was scared, she was afraid that she might get hurt again, physically...

She looks at him, and she let out an emotionless glare.

"Because there's no reason for you to be here in the first place... Why did you decide to see me now, when you dump me away like trash and sent me to the orphanage?"

That question makes Sunghoon stop, reminiscing the time he last hurt her physically. The time he sent her far away from her mother, the time he throw him out of his family.

Guilt was slowly swallowing him, he regret everything that he did. But he knows he's late, he knows Jinni will never gonna forgive him again.

"I did that because I have a reason"

That made Jinni looks at him unbelievably, why does he have to lie when she already knew the reason why he did that?

"You did because you forbid me to see a mom that time"