Chapter 15

"He did what?!" Aoi screeched. The people sitting close to their tables quickly kept their distance, looking at them with wary eyes.

Currently, it was 5 o' clock in the morning and Nene and Aoi were sitting in a café. Nene had just told her best friend everything about their engagement. And when she described the kiss that happened last night, Aoi was shocked.

But Nene had a tiny suspicion that she was internally squealing.

Nene also informed her parents and the Yugi's parents that she was going out early to meet a friend. She was relieved that both twins were still sleeping at that time.

She'll probably meet them directly at school since Aoi and her were going to have a long chat about the kiss and engagement. They both were ready and had their college bags so it would be fine.

Nene was flustered, due to the embarrassment.

"Aoi! Keep it low! You're shouting!" She whispered, frowning as she still felt eyes on them.

Aoi closed her mouth immediately. She leaned closer and also spoke in a low whisper.

"That was not just a kiss! The way you described it...you guys were making out!" She exclaimed, smugly. "You did say he kissed you more than once so..."

"What...? Ooh...um...this is so embarrassing...." Nene mumbled, whining a little. Aoi giggled, a teasing grin visible on her face.

"Nene-chan, I think he likes you. No, loves you!" She snickered.

Nene huffed. "Well, even if his kisses dazed me a bit... he's...he's totally not my type, excuse you!" She scoffed.

Nene really did not want to admit that she might have feelings for Amane. She wanted to hide away the new feelings blooming inside her heart. She was scared. She was very scared.

She was scared cause she never felt this way before. It was all so new.

Aoi sighed, annoyed. This was tougher than she thought. Only if her best friend realised that Amane loved her...

Nene on the other hand was now deep in thought. What if he was just messing around? What if he was just playing around with her feelings?

Nene shook her head.

No. Amane-kun wouldn't do that.

She looked at Aoi who was still frowning, but blinked and smiled when she saw Nene looking at her. Then they were served hot chocolate and both girls took their respective cup.

"Nene-chan. You know you can't avoid this." Aoi stated bluntly, as she eyed Nene's cup.

Nene sighed in return.

"Yeah. I know..." She said, looking at Aoi. Then relaxed. "Fine. I'll talk to him about it."

Aoi nodded satisfied. "Good." She replied.

Both girls stared at each other intensely, for a second. Then broke their serious facial, and laughed. It was tough trying to act angry at the other one. Especially when it is your best friend.

They soon calmed from their unexpected laughter.

"I still can't believe the whole engagement thing!" Aoi exclaimed. "I mean, I believe you Nene-chan! But it looks hard to believe...?"

Nene smiled, and raised her hand over her head dramatically. "Yeah, I know. But please don't tell anyone, Aoi! No one should know that I've discovered the truth...!"

She shoved her hand into Aoi's to show her the engagement ring and Aoi stared at it with excitement in her eyes.

"Ok, ok! Please Nene-chan, I get it! Trust me when I say I won't tell anyone." She said, looking amused, still admiring the ring design. "The ring looks so beautiful! Must be very costly..."

Nene looked at Aoi with tears in her eyes. "Aoi! What am I going to do without you!?" She cried, wailing.

Aoi smiled gently, cooing. "Don't cry, Nene-chan! ~"

"No! These are happy tears!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9:03.

Amane walked up to Nene in a hurry when he saw her enter the college gates. He looked worried. Did she hate what happened last night? Was she avoiding him?

"Yashiro! Wait!" He called out, she turned her head looking at him, surprised.

"Amane-kun?" She uttered as Aoi looked at the two back and forth.

"Well, that's my queue to go! See you later, love birds! ~" She grinned when she noticed the two blush at her words.

"Aoi!" Nene exclaimed, embarrassed but Aoi already left the scene. She turned to Amane, sheepishly. Well, this sure was awkward.

"Sorry...about that..." She said, quietly. She avoided eye contact.

Amane smiled, observing her. She seemed super anxious. "Its okay. I don't mind..." He said, nervously, running his hand through his hair.

Nene looked at him, direct eye contact, finally having the courage to ask the question that's been torturing her since morning. "That...um kiss... last night?" She mumbled, and he looked back at her with his eyes wide.

She continued. "Was it a joke?"

As soon as the question was out, Amane put his hand firmly on her shoulders making her look at him properly.

"No!" He exclaimed, and she looked back into his amber eyes, with a mix of shock and stun.

"What?" She whispered. Her voice was still whispering in the wind. "Are you saying that...?"

Then there was a silence between them. But after a minute, Amane broke it.

"Yes. I love you, Yashiro. More than a friend." He said, ears visibly red. "And I'm very serious." He added.

Nene opened her mouth to reply but he shushed her by keeping s finger to her lip. She looked at him confused. It was an adorable sight. He chuckled.

"You don't need to reply now. Just think about it... and tell me later whenever you want." He said, smiling at her softly.

Nene's heart skipped a beat on seeing his warm smile. It was fluttering. His smile then turned into his usual smirk and she knew she was red. He leaned in and spoke into her ears. And that made her heart thump like crazy.

"See you later, Yashiro ~" He cooed, and kissed her cheek softly before leaving.

She melted at his display of affection. Seriously, he was going to be the death of her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amane had a goofy smile on his face as he walked to his class.

He was sure Nene felt the same way as he did. He was now confident. So confident.

Because she wouldn't have kissed him back last night if she hadn't loved him? Right?

To be honest he couldn't wait for her to admit that she loved him. But it was okay. She could take her time. He would wait for her. Even if it took her a while.

He sat down in his seat and pulled out his phone to check for any new messages. He rolled his eyes when he saw who had messaged him. Tsukasa.

Tsukasa: What happened???

Amane: Its none of your business, Tsukasa! >///<

Tsukasa: Why?! I'm your twin brother!

Tsukasa: And don't think I didn't see you kiss her cheek before you went to class. -_-

Amane facepalmed.

Why did Tsukasa have to be so nosy? He had no shame at all! He couldn't blame his brother for long though. He too was perverted so yeah. Glaring at the message he typed his final reply.

Amane: TSUKASA!!!!!!!!!!! O /////O

<<<<< Wedding Bells >>>>>