•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 62 🥀

A/N: Significant time jump for this chapter, welcome to 1983 :) This chapter is literally just exposition of what happened in the time jump but is relevant to the plot so... enjoy it regardless ❤️

•🌹•

Y/N's POV, May 28th 1983

Holy shit, so much has happened in the last year it was hard to keep track, Mötley Crüe kept rising and now they were known far across California, and even reaching states outside home territory to the wider breadth of America.

Everywhere they played they were loved but they also carried a lot of controversy on their backs getting attention from religious groups and parents for young people buying and listening to their music. The boys had caused quite the storm but that's what they wanted, they wanted people talking about them and that's exactly what's happening, they'd been getting local attention and had done a number of interviews on radio and local TV to either address controversy or promote themselves.

Shows had been getting better and better, not just budget wise but also capacity wise, the boys could now play arenas which was a huge achievement, one I'm insanely proud of them for. They were a massive hit with teenagers and young adults, with over half their audience being aged fourteen to twenty one but I'd seen people much older and sometimes now even younger than that at their concerts, they really did have music that appealed to all ages which only made them more popular.

Mötley Crüe really were the next big thing.

Last year the four men had done another mini tour this time in Canada as the band had quite a nice following up there, that was a lot of fun, I'd never been to Canada and neither had any of the other guys so it had been great to see some of the country and the differences between Canada and the USA.

In other behind the scenes news, Allan Coffman was gone, getting a song dedicated to him on their new album (this song hasn't been recorded yet) and it was going to be called 'Bastard'... I didn't think he was fully deserving of the song dedication but Mötley Crüe felt like he'd done them wrong so that's how it has to be.

Allan's firing matched my earlier prediction that he wouldn't last too long- the guys fired him just two weeks before the Crüe found new managers after a show they did at Santa Monica Civic Centre which had been scheduled for April of last year, the names of these managers were Doc McGee and Doug Thaler, they definitely knew what they were doing, way more than Allan did, they somehow put up with the chaos and handled the guys better not being afraid to lay down the law with them when they were out of line.

Nobody listened of course but never mind- they tried and anyone has to have respect for that.

As for me, things had changed too. I'd quit my job at the strip club at the end of last year after the guys all ganged up on me, telling me to quit and work full time as the bands designer instead, saying it'll give me more time with them all and I'd be able to follow them on any future tours they do without issue. It took a lot of convincing trust me but with all four guys on my ass and also Doc and Doug I couldn't say no.

I missed some aspects of working in the club and the people I worked with, especially George- I still pop in every now and again just to say hello to everyone because I did make some good friends.

The guys could still get free drinks there which Tommy and Vince certainly cash in on. Nikki missed coming to watch me dance on stage, Vince had also grown accustomed to watching me at the club over the time he'd been in the band so he was disappointed too and we all know why that is but the extra time I'd get to spend with them all now, well, that was a good enough reason for them to not be too upset about me walking away from being a stripper.