•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 127 🥀

A/N: This chapter might feel kinda sudden, I'm realising as I've got here. I tried to set this chapter up a little but I don't think I did it enough.

It might feel sudden but say in between this chapter and the last one, a lot of thinking has been done on Nik's end.

•🌹•   

Y/N's POV, December 10th 1986

It was Nikki's birthday tomorrow, and I think it was going to be a good day. I mean... after the last six-ish months since Nikki's Nona died, I don't think anything more can go horrifically wrong, there'd been a night out arranged with the rest of the band, the guys from RATT, Lizzie and we've even got rock royalty Steven Tyler and Joe Perry from Aerosmith attending.

We'd met the guys from Aerosmith last year, they'd just do happened to walk into the same bar as us and a rather awkward interaction with Vince later we were drinking with them and becoming friends with one of the most famous rock bands of all time.

It was almost unbelievable that we'd befriended people of the caliber of Aerosmith but they were cool guys and we were glad that they could make it to the party, some of them anyway. When the party was being arranged by Doc and he was asking Nikki who he wanted the Aerosmith guys were almost top of the list because they were our friends, Doc sent an invite to them and Steven and Joe got back within a day or so saying they could make it, the other guys couldn't and that was okay but they sent good wishes Nikki's way.

Tomorrow was an exciting day, I had all Nikki's presents prepared and was looking forward to spending the day with him. I just hope he watches the drugs and doesn't turn up to his own party high as a kite.

His addiction was still the same, he was still neck deep in shit and struggling with his mental health but one good thing was that he wasn't getting high to the point of paranoia like he had been, now it probably happened once a week not three or four. It was a vast improvement but still not where I wanted him to be.

I wanted him free of drugs, it's been months since the conversation we had about him working at getting better and he's hardly said a word to me about it since... every day he spends doing this the higher chance he has of dropping dead.

Every day I wanted for him to come to me and say he was getting help but every day I get let down. I understood it was hard and that his head wasn't an easy place to exist in but being this fucked up isn't a good thing and he can't underestimate or downplay the heroin because that's when it'll kill him.

Nikki was upstairs and had been for a couple of hours, he'd gone up for a shower and not come back down, I had to go check to make sure he was still alive about an hour ago, concern getting the better of me, he was okay in the end, just sat in his room on his bed deep in thought. I asked him if he wanted anything and politely said no, then I asked what he was thinking about and he said he'll tell me if he comes to the correct conclusion.

What the fuck did that mean? I didn't know. Hopefully, I'll find out.

For the last hour then that's what I've been trying to I figure out and couldn't quite fathom his words out. It became somewhat clearer when Nikki came bounding down the stairs, leaping over the back of the couch when he revealed what he'd been thinking so hard over.

"I'm gonna go back to rehab." Nikki says out of nowhere falling down next to me on his couch, after hearing the words I looked at him not believing what my ears had heard.