•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 63 🥀

•🌹•   

Y/N's POV, May 29th 1983

It was festival day, me and the rest of the band were sat backstage in the trailer all acts had been given been given to wait until it was time to go on stage which wasn't long at all for the Crüe now, about ten minutes.

The guys were trying to distract themselves from the fact they'd be performing infront of tens of thousands of people in just mere minutes. I was engaged in a conversation with Nikki not really paying much attention to what anyone else is doing.

I was happily distracting Nik, one look at him and I saw the anxiety hidden behind his eyes. He was stressing himself out too much over this. Mick on the other hand hadn't shown he was nervous at all so I wasn't overly concerned about him, he'd talk to me if he has any serious issues I knew that much, he was just quiet, like usual.

But nobody out of the other three guys were particularly chatty today, that was a concern- they weren't their normal selves and were all a little lost in their one thoughts trying to focus on the show and nothing else- it was strange to see them all so quiet but nerves do that.

Tommy was probably the most chatty but he too was masking a lot of anxiety.

It wasn't just the number of people out there that was nerve wracking it was the fact this was all being televised so if it was a total fuck up then they'd be nationally embarrassed. I'm certain it wouldn't come to that but you can never say never with live performances, especially festivals.

At some point during the minutes we were waiting Tom actually spoke up from where he was sat opposite Nik and I, I'd seen out of the corner of my eye he leant back in his seat and sat pondering for a moment eventually choosing to say whatever was on his mind.

"Yo, Y/N look at this real quick, I wanna show you something." Tommy said forcing me to temporarily end my conversation with Nikki and look at him expectantly. Once he had my attention Tommy did what he'd wanted me to see by taking his cigarette which he was smoking and then the one currently in my hand placing them in either one of his nostrils.

I raise an eyebrow at the drummer due to the totally random action as he just smiles and inhaled through his nose taking up the cigarette smoke before exhaling it through his mouth. I must say that the stunt did make me laugh which only made Tommy's grin increase, he took the cigarettes out his nose and dropped them in the ashtray on the table in front of us "Isn't that cool? I've been working on it for weeks."

"Very impressive, T-Bone" I nodded smiling "Although, I don't think anyone should praise the skill you just displayed here, could be slightly dangerous."

"That's part of the fun! It's a cool trick, isn't it?"

"It's unique, definitely. Well done."

My praise obviously gave Tom the acknowledgment he was searching for over this new found skill, and he was positivity cheered up, having something new to think about rather than focusing on the show.

Seems as my chat with Nik was over I looked and checked what Vince and Mick were doing and the answer to that was pretty much nothing, they were both simply sat drinking beers staring into space, that wasn't that unusual for Mick but Vince, slightly more so.

I'd distracted Nikki, I'd now distracted Tommy, at least both of them to a degree, I could now at least distract Vince "Hey, Vinnie? You're a little quiet over there, you good?"