•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 186 🥀

A/N: This is the penultimate chapter of this book, the next chapter will be the the last one of this book, but there is a second one before anyone panics 😂

•🌹•

Y/N's POV, August 15th 1991

Over half way through this year already, that was pretty insane. This year much like last year was flying by and that was both good and bad, the faster time went by more I wished it would slow down but no, it never did. Blaze was growing up too fast and I felt old now.

I mean, I turned thirty two the other week... Vince turned thirty this year and Tommy's turning twenty eight in October, Mick's forty and Nikki's thirty three in December. Terrifying.

In terms of the band, the guys had completed their new songs by now and a release date for the album had even been decided, the nineteenth of October. The guys were also doing a few shows from now until November to promote the album, starting tonight.

We were in the UK at the minute, the guy were playing the 'Monsters Of Rock' festival, like they had done in 1984 but they'd grown so much as a band since then and were may more well known than back then, still not as famous here as they were in the US but that goes without saying. The festival was in two days, but tonight they were playing a different concert, they were playing the Marquee club.

The club was a big deal in this country, many well known people had played there, my favourite being Wham! because George Michael was a talented Motherfucker and I admired him greatly as a musician.

The band weren't playing as Mötley Crüe, they were the support act for another band and when this performance was arranged they thought it's be funny to play under the name 'The four-skins', a callback to Tommy and his suggestion of a name for the band another way their celebrating ten years together though this one was more of a inside joke.

People will certainly be surprised to see Mötley Crüe tonight that's for sure, we'd been talking about tonight for weeks now and now it was actually here, they'd hyped themselves up for playing under a different name thinking it was a genius idea.

I'd hung out with Vince a couple of days ago when we were still in LA, I was with Blaze and Vince had Skylar with him and we just hung out for a little while playing with the others kid.

And yes, Vince had accepted that toy I had brought for Skylar and he kept the name Nikki had given it, Waltetta, finding it deeply amusing. Waltetta was apparently Skylar's favourite toy and had been since I gave it her months back now.

When we were hanging out, we brought up tonight and the performance and the festival in general, how we think it'll go and the other bands playing, most of them I've never heard before and wasn't sure I'd like all that much but still, they weren't why we were here so it didn't matter.

We were backstage of the Marquee right now, it was two hours before the guys were due to go on stage and we'd arrived here about half an hour ago now, Nikki was talking with Tommy a lot which wasn't unusual, when we got here I stayed outside with Mick while Vince went inside with Doug also knee deep in chatter.

I had Blaze while talking with Mick and he was being unusually restless, it might be the fact we were in a different environment or just all the movement we'd been doing the past day, it was out of routine and he was quite a routine loving baby- we'd been doing things differently, he'd been in a different setting on an aeroplane, it was loud and not at all the things he was used too.