•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 139 🥀

•🌹•

Y/N's POV, December 24th 1987

Waking up this morning it was hard to think that last night actually happened, I could have lost Nikki permanently, it's a tough pill to swallow. Things were quiet this morning, I woke up before Nikki only by a few minutes but it was a welcome sight seeing Nikki peaceful after the distress he felt last night.

I spend a few minutes just running my hands through his hair softly, wanting to be as close to Nikki as I could be after the events which unfolded yesterday. I'm so grateful to whatever higher power made it so Nikki was okay.

An hour or so went by before Nik showed a sign of waking up and the man did wake up his eyes quickly found me- his face fell the second he looked at me and shifted his head so his head was placed onto my collarbone letting out a deep breathe when he did so "Last night really happened, didn't it?"

"Yeah... it did..."

"Fuck... I'm-... I'm so sorry."

I shook my head "Don't apologize sweetheart."

"I was dead... fucking dead Y/N, you deserve a sorry."

"Maybe but you have nothing to apologize for..."

The man was quiet for a moment choosing not to say anything more "How long have you been awake?"

"An hour."

"Oh... why didn't you wake me up?"

"I figured you could do with the sleep... plus you looked too cute to wake up."

"I'm gonna ignore that last comment." Nik smiled playfully "Wanna bet how many voice mails I got after last night? I'm sure it must have made the news."

"Probably in this day and age with paparazzi the way they are."

"I dread to think... I'm gonna avoid the TV for today I think."

"I think that's a wise choice." I agreed "How are you holding up?"

"A part of me still doesn't want to admit yesterday happened... but I have to accept that it did. I'll be okay... I have to be. What time is it anyways?"

"Seven."

"Ugh, it's so early... but I may as well get up, pointless trying to sleep I'm not gonna be able to drop off again. Dare me to check my voicemails?"

"You don't have to if you don't want too."

"I don't but I won't listen to them, I'll just see who's actually called me, I'll know the guys and Doc and Doug's numbers when I see them." Nikki told me while sitting himself up, running a hairbrush through his hair and passed it to me as he stood up heading to the phone.

I brushed my hair while Nikki clicked his answer machine to check who'd called him- I watched him and watched as he laughed "What?" I wonder.

He glanced over to me "Got them from everyone, I think I recognise Lizzie's number, Robbin rang too er, a load of other friends who's numbers I don't recall, then I have two from Tommy, one from Vince, one from Mick, three from Doug and er-... I've got ten voicemails from Doc."