•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 183 🥀

•🌹•

Y/N's POV, 11th April 1991

It was time for a day out today. We needed one, we hadn't really been all that many places with Blaze and it's about time we did. We were taking Blaze to Santa Monica beach, the place Nikki and I had our first vacation as a couple all the way back in 1979 and a place we'd been with the boys in 1982, we were headed there with my parents who'd arrived yesterday and had stayed the night at our place as they'd stayed here at Christmas and liked it, not seeming to be put off by Blaze crying every few hours of the night.

It was my parents first time meeting Blaze in person actually and they'd both been totally in awe of their grandson since they arrived, they loved him, as they would but it was still warming to see with Blaze. It made me feel proud in a way and I think Nikki had the same feeling.

When Blaze cried last night my dad actually ended out in Blaze's room before I did and he insisted for me to go back to bed and that he could deal with whatever Blaze needed. I left my dad too it but I did feel bad, telling Nikki as much when I got back into bed but he said if my dad offered it was his choice, I can't feel bad about it, which was true but Blaze wasn't my dad's problem. He was mine and Nikki's.

My dad was great with Blaze though and actually had pretty much kept him all to himself for all of this morning, my dad is going to be that kind of grandfather. Much like Nikki, overprotective.

This morning had been peaceful actually, Nikki brought us breakfast in bed given my mom and dad were downstairs with Blaze. It was nice actually to not have to be on constant Blaze alert, to actually have time with Nikki for a little while knowing someone else was keeping an eye on our son.

We also showered for the first time together in months, as I liked to have one of us free and able to be with Blazer at all times. As it was a rare occasion, Nikki made sure to make the most of it and I don't think I need to go into details on that.

Once showered and dressed we went downstairs and sat with my parents for a while but when the time hit quarter to eleven both my mom and dad did head upstairs to get themselves dressed so we could leave and make our way to the beach.

Blaze was asleep as of right now in the second crib we had for him downstairs, he wasn't being a bother to everyone and so I took this chance to go and make a bottle of formula for Blaze for when we were out, he really enjoyed cold formula which has made life a little easier, I'm glad he wasn't a fussy baby when it came to that kind of thing.

I filled up the kettle with water and put it to boil grabbing a bottle out of the cupboard and placing it on the counter and grabbing the formula box placing the directed amount into the bottle and began to waiting game.

I waited a couple of minutes when I found myself being not so alone anymore, Nikki came up behind me, placing his arms around me- at least this will make time go faster "Hey there, sexy mama."

I pulled a face at that, glancing to my side at Nikki- feeling uncomfortable with what he'd just said to me... just no "I'm going to politely request you never call me that again."

"Why not?" Nikki murmurs "You're sexy and you're a mama... I'm only stating the facts."

"It sounds wrong... so please never call me that again." I laughed softly.