#Learn and copy

As a little child, y/n gets curious about many things as she learns to grow up. Also, as a child, she tends to... Copy things.

She gets out of the room, half awake. Her tiny fist rubs her sleepy eyes as she makes her way towards the stairs.

As usual, she will turn around and crouch down. Her one leg sticks out to the first step of the stair while her hands support her upper body. That's how she gets downstairs with her tiny body, going backwards, one by one foot takes the steps while her eyes carefully look down so she won't trip and fall.

Tae : good morning y/n.

She looks up at the stair, seeing Taehyung making his way down. She uses her one hand and waves him back. Taehyung walks passes her, yawning tiredly.

Y/n suddenly was caught staring at him. The way he casually walks down the stairs. She suddenly felt intrigued to do it as well. She has seen her brothers walking down the stairs without any support or going backwards.

"I should try it now..."

She nods and releases her hands from the steps, facing forward and standing up straight. She felt determine to do it, saying to herself that it's time to change.

"I'm a big girl. I can do this..."

She looks down at those big steps. Suddenly the stairs look so big, like they're for giants. She feels so tiny...

She unknowingly gulps at the sight.

Jhope : good morning y/n.

Hoseok came from behind and greets y/n. He walks passes her and got confused when she doesn't reply to him. He bends down as he gets beside her and gets surprised to see her serious tense face, staring down at the stairs.

Jhope : y/n-nie??

Not a single reply from her, not even a turn of the head. She's clutching her fist while her lips are cutely yet hardly pressed together.

Jin : what is she doing??

Jin from behind asked as he makes his way downstairs. Hoseok stands up straight and shrugs his shoulders, completely clueless.

Jin : y/n-nie??

Jin called but y/n didn't reply.

Jin : is there something blocking her way or something??
Jhope : no....

Hoseok waves his hand in front of her to check and there's completely no obstacles in front of her.

JK : what's going on??

Thus, one by one members stop by and stares at y/n who hasn't move from her step for almost 15 minutes now. Now, all of them are crowding y/n, staring at her statue figure at the stairs. Not that they're blocked, they're just dead confused of y/n's weird behavior first thing in the morning. No one is talking, just staring confusedly at each other and at y/n. The only thing that y/n did until then was holding the rail beside her and that's it.

Yg : what's going-

Yoongi comes in last and was immediately sushed by his brothers. He tilts his head to look at the scene as well, in the end he join his brothers.

Tae : everyone!

Taehyung appears from downstairs and saw everyone at the stairs.

Tae : what're you guys doing??

Everyone points at y/n and Taehyung looks at her.

Tae : aish what're you guys doing?? Can't you help her out??

He said and make his way towards y/n before holding her tiny hand, finally making her move her head up.

Tae : she wants to walk downstairs you idiots!

Carefully, he explains and motions y/n to take the steps downstairs. Y/n oblige and slowly, taking step by step down the stairs with Taehyung's help. Meanwhile the rest follows from behind.

Tae : you did it!!

He high5 y/n's hands and give her a thumbs up. Y/n then walks away towards the kitchen to grab a glass of milk.

Jimin : oooh so she just wants to walk down the stairs like us...
Tae : she's a big girl now. You guys just can't read a child's mind like I do.
Hoseok : my, aren't you talking big.
JK : she's growing up so fast... I always thought her going backwards is cute...

Well that's not all...

The family is having their dinner together. They're having japchae, samgyeopsal and ramyeon. Y/n uses her fork and spoon to eat.

Jimin : Namjoon hyung, can you pass me the samgyeopsal??

Y/n looks up and saw Jimin picking up the food while Namjoon holds the plate for him. She finally noticed the chopstick he was using and realize all of her brothers are using one each.

She looks down at her fork and spoon. She wants to try using chopstick too. She used to see videos of babies younger than her, already skillfully using chopstick to eat. She wonders now why hasn't she use them until now. She's almost turning 5 and still relying on a fork and spoon. If a baby can, she can as well.

She puts down her utensils and grabs Yoongi's sleeve.

Yg : hmm??

He replied and y/n points the chopstick he's holding.

Yg : hm? You want chopstick??

She nods.

Yg : hyung, do we have extra chopsticks??
Jin : why??
Yg : y/n wants to use them.
Jin : y/n-nie?? Does she knows how??
Yg : ayy she's learning. Let's just give her now. It's better than her not knowing how at all.

Agreed, Jin gets up and grabs a wooden chopstick, giving it to y/n. Her eyes sparkles when she gets to hold them. The feeling is like graduating.

She eagerly starts positioning her fingers on the chopstick. She looks at her brothers, learning how they hold it and tries to copy them. She ends up just gripping the chopstick with her hand.

She saw Jungkook picking up the samgyeopsal and looks at her plate. She doesn't know how to do it and just pokes the meat. To her surprise it work, she gets to pick the food up.

"So that's how they do it??"

She just shrugs her shoulder and opens her mouth to eat but the meat suddenly falls off the chopstick, blinking her eyes.

She repeat what she did and fail again. She thought maybe she was wrong. So she examines her brothers again, carefully looking at their fingers and follows them.

But because of her tiny hand, she couldn't grip the chopstick properly. She use her free hand and fix her fingers, picking up one meat with her free hand and place it on the chopstick.

That made her smile in satisfaction but again, the food falls off as soon as she tries to bring it to her mouth.

"Oof... This is so hard..."

She tries again and again. She struggles and her grip loosens, dropping the chopstick to the ground.

Jimin : ah.

Jimin helps picking her chopstick from the ground while y/n frowns, giving up.

Jimin : it's dirty now. Don't be sad y/n-nie, chopstick us hard to use. You will get use to it sooner okay??

Surrendered, she nods sadly and uses her fork and spoon instead. Seeing her gloomy expression, Yoongi picks up a piece of samgyeopsal with his chopstick and brings it towards her mouth.

Yg : open up.

He motions his mouth open and y/n follows. Her eyes sparkles when she gets to feel the feeling of using chopstick in her mouth. She felt special for some reason.

It made her happy. Again, the feeling of graduating 🎓.

There are hundreds of things that little y/n will learn in the future. More adventure to come in the next chapter!

💎