Prologue

Dan walked into the dull-lit living room to see his friend Phil sat on the couch with his head in his hands. He slowly walked over until he was stood in-front of him and kneeled down. Phil either hadn't noticed or was ignoring him. Dan leant over and gently placed his hand on Phil's shoulder. His clothes loosely fitted over his noticably boney structure, his ebony fringe flopped over his piercing blue eyes.

"Phil, are you okay?" Phil jumped, looking up to see Dans deep brown eyes staring at him with concern.

"Huh?" He grunted in reply.

"What's wrong?" Dan asked, moving to sit on the sofa next to him, lifting his eye brows in concern at his best friend.

"Are you okay?" He repeated.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm cool" he lifted his head and Dan saw his eyes were bloodshot.

"Have you been crying?" Dan said, staring at the various stains on their carpet.

"I just... I dunno, Dan. I feel like my life is nothing. I'm not doing anything that benefits anyone. I just make videos that make people laugh. I enjoy it, yes. But, I wanna be remembered for something good, something really extraordinary." Dan said nothing, he got up and walked out of the room.

Several minutes later, he walked in with Phils laptop under his arm. He sat down, and loaded it up. Phil was usually protective of his posessions but at this point he just didnt seem to care, his mind was elsewhere. Dan went onto YouTube; it almost seemed like a reflex after loading the laptop, and found a video by Luckycatmeow1129 and pushed the screen towards Phil.

The video was the story of a girl, who was close to committing suicide but found Dan and Phil on YouTube. They had inspired her to start making YouTube videos; hers were an Internet Support Group where she gave advice and told her viewers about her personal experiences. She had convinced other people her age, not to commit suicide and to stop cutting. All because of them.

The video ended and Phil burst into tears. He sat lifeless for several minutes, tears pouring down his pale cheeks, while Dan hugged him in the silence. When he eventually did stop, Phil told Dan that he wanted to visit her, to pay her back. So they emailed the girl, asking whether she would be allowed to come to London and if she wanted to be in one of their videos...