Wine and Cuddles

Dan knew he had to tell Phil somehow and quickly figured out a rough plan to get him out of her grasp for a second. He walked from the bathroom to his bedroom and grabbed his laptop. He opened up the internet and several tabs, as well as his already-edited, latest video. He called out to Phil from his bed for help of some sort and heard Jess sigh loudly as Phil entered his room.

Phil walked in, smiling to himself. His smile dropped when he saw his pale friend in front of him. "Dan, what's wrong? Are you okay?"

"I have to... Yeah, no, I'm fine. Feeling a little sick but I'm good. Sorry. I, um, I actually fixed my problem now. Thanks anyway, but sorry for bothering you.

"Hmm, alright then. We're in the sitting room if you need us." He replied, closing Dan's door behind him as he left the room.

"I know, I saw." He whispered bitterly to himself, before letting tears roll down his cheeks.

He knew he wasn't brave enough to tell him but after seeing his happy self he just- he couldn't ruin that. Not that he'd believe him. He'd probably just think Dan was mad. He'd stick up for her, he was sure of it. Dan made a pact with himself to tell Phil, some when, eventually, about what had happened. Even if it were months from now.

Phil grabbed them both a glass of the bottle of red that Dan had bought for his video, and walked back into the sitting room. He sat down next to Jess again, and handed her one of the glasses in his hands. She took a sip and placed it on the coffee table, smiling up at Phil. She wiggled a little, meaning she was half in front of Phil, then held one of his hands in hers. Instinctively, Phil slid his arm around her waist, pulling her in a little closer. Jess grinned, this was going the way she hoped it would; she lifted her head slightly, smiling up at the boy. Phil blushed a little, and leaned in so their lips were nearly touching. Jess closed the distance between them, the pair closing their eyes as they did so. It was a short kiss, and when it was over they pulled away and smiled at each other. Phil turned slightly, kissing her on the forehead, and turned on the tv.