One Drunken Evening

By the time they'd had all gotten to bed, it's was past 2am. The sun would be up soon, like every other summer morning, sand with that, hopefully, the heat.

Phil sprawled across the couch, it was boiling in the sitting room. The leather sofa didn't help, he could feel his legs and back sticking to it, knowing he'd have to painfully peel them off at some point. After twenty minutes, he really couldn't stand this heat anymore; he rolled onto the floor, lying on the slightly cooler rug that covered it. But sure enough, the longer he led on the rug, the hotter he got.

He stood up fast, swaying momentarily as his vision blacked out. Once he had regained it, he began stumbling blindly across the sitting room, into the hall. He climbed the stairs, heading for his room. Just as he gripped the door handle he remembered that Jess was sleeping there tonight and he should probably leave her be, she was pretty knackered after the party. So he turned on his heel and slowly, silently twisted open Dans door.

The light was still on, Dan was just getting into bed. He mumbled something at Phil that neither of them understood, as Phil shut the door. He felt the cool breeze from the window pass over him and shivered, happily. He turned Dans fan on and clambered into bed with him.

Dans bed was ice cold, but Phil could feel Dans heat radiating next to him. He shuffled closer, despite his heat, and Dan wrapped his arm around him, pulling him into an embrace. Phil draped his arm across Dans stomach, his hand coming to a rest at his hip; he was resting his head on Dans chest, and he could hear his heartbeat. "Mmlove you, n-night" Dan stuttered, kissing the top of Phils head hard, as Phil whispered, "you too" back.

Phil jumped awake, glancing quickly at the glow clock Dans table, 7:48am. It was too early to get up get, so he snuggled back into Dan, who was still sleeping. Just as Phil was drifting off again, he jumped awake once more, at the sound of a door slam. He would've gotten up to investigate but his head was banging, without even moving; he was comfy cuddled up with Dan anyway.

The door swung open, Jessica walked in with a look of disgust on her face.

"HOW DARE YOU?" She shouted, making Dan jump this time, "HOW DARE YOU MAKE HIM SLEEP WITH YOU?" She glared at Dan, glancing across at Phil, giving him a sympathetic look.

"Jess, I don't think you realis-" Phil began to explain.

She shouted over him, not helping any of the three's pounding migraines, "This is not for you to explain." She replied simply to Phil, in a somewhat motherly tone.

"I didn't force him, he came in because he was too hot!" Dan snapped back, giving Phil a squeeze.

"Don't even try lying!" She sneered back, walking towards the bed. She pulled Phil out of Dans grasp, up and out of the room. He shot Dan a scared but sad look as the door slammed in front of his face.