Mirror

Dan stayed up late that night. He usually spent it on tumblr, or replying to his danosaurs, but tonight was different. Tonight, he just sat; sat and thought.

His best friend had been brainwashed by a girl he had known for five minutes. He was so angry he could barely even take his eyes off of a single area. He didn't know what to do, clearly her story was more convincing than his... but his was the truth. Wasn't it? To be honest, Dan didn't 100% remember what had happened last night. He just sat until the sun leaked through the lounge curtains.

He wondered what Jessica and Phil were doing. They weren't doing....it. Were they? Dan had a million emotions running through his body at the same time. It was getting to the point where Dan doubted everything he did. He didn't even know if this was even happening. For some reason, all he can remember is red. Red. He repeated the word over and over in his mind, trying to link it to a memory or thought, trying to make sense of the colour stuck in his brain. What's red got to do with anything anyway?

Dan heard muffled laughs coming from the other end of the apartment but tried not to focus on it. He eventually got up and tried to get on with his life. He moved himself to his room and removed his shirt and old pj bottoms. He stood in his underwear in front of his mirror and automatically began to mentally pick out things he hated about himself. He turned to his side and breathed in, in any attempt to let him see the body he once had. He sighed heavily as a figure walked past the door. It walked past, then retraced its steps, as to look into Dan's room. Dan was so focused that he didn't even realise anyone was there. It wasn't until he heard the sarcastic laugh that had emerged from that corner, that he realised anyone was even there. The female figure continued on by.

Another figure walked past and embarrassingly murmured, "Dan, we have a guest." As he shut the door, leaving Dan alone.