I Know What You're Thinking

The keys rattled in the lock of Dan and Phil's London flat. It was a miracle in itself that at least one of them had remembered their keys. Phil leaded the way, promptly followed by Jess.

Jess took a quick scan of her first sights. Everything was neat and in its own place, all except one dirty bowl left on the breakfast bar.

"Dan, I thought I told you to tidy your stuff up before we left?" Phil said, in an awkwardly-embarrassing voice.

"Phil, I had to leave something out of place... it looked too neat and it felt odd." Dan replied.

"Yeah, but you could at leas-"

"Guys, it's fine. Honest. I'm not that great at keeping my place tidy anyway, so this is like a palace to me." Jess insisted, cutting Phil off. 

"See?" Dan said sarcastically, looking at Phil, collapsing onto the sofa. 

"So, err... what do you guys do for fun?" Jess asked, in an awkward tone. A faint sarcastic reply came from Dan's part of the room, but was quickly dismissed by Phil and Jess.

"I guess, we make videos most of the time. Its quite a long process, as you'd probably know. But, err, I guess we could make a start on brainstorming ideas on what to do for our video?" Phil said, trying to keep the conversation alive.

"Sounds good to me, shall I just-" Jess trailed off, looking at her bag that Phil was still reluctantly holding onto.

"Yeah, sure. Sorry." A small laugh escaped from Phil as Jess took her bag.

"Where shall I put my stuff?" Jess asked.

"Oh sorry, yeah. You're in my room." Phil replied, whilst giving Jess directions to his room with his hands.

"Oh, but where are you sleeping?" Jess immediately replied.

"Well, I guess I didn't think it through that well..." Phil awkwardly said. "Don't worry, I'll figure something out." Phil said, whilst thinking about what he was going to do. 

"Okay..." Jess mouthed back, whilst turning and making her way to Phil's room.

"I know what you're thinking, Phil." A distant voice said. Music from Dan's video game was playing.

"And what's that?" Phil asked inquisitively,  leaning on the breakfast bar.

"You aren't sleeping in my room." Dan said in a flat tone, without even moving a muscle.

"Alright Derren Brown! Get out of my head." Phil smirked, and proceeded to clean up Dan's mess from breakfast. A slight whispered laugh left from Dan as he continued with his video game.