3

After he left it was around four in the morning and I'm exhausted. I go crawl into bed and check my phone. 'oh it's a Friday I have no work tomorrow' I roll over and go to sleep. I wake up to sun light beaming through my window. I sit up and stretch and check my phone seeing that it's 11 in the morning. I get out of bed and get dressed, a pair of ripped black jeans and a black and white stripey shirt. I open the fridge seeing that I had nothing in there 'great, a trip to store it is today' I think to myself. I grab my keys and lock the door, walking I feel a chill run down my spine. I turn around as instinct only to see nothing abnormal behind me, accept this really ugly dude walking in the opposite direction of me. I walk down the street and see the store in the distance. Right next to a Tv store, a crowd was gathered around the window of the store. I walk up seeing a news report on another murder case. 'Another murder found three men found in a alley near tusk hill apartments' My jaw dropped last night Nny said that he got into an accident but I didn't think he meant killing people. I back up from the window and walk into the store.

I walk out of the store seeing that the window crowd was gone. I finish my walk home, restock my fridge and cabinets. I collapse on the couch and turn on some trash Tv. after a few hours I hear a knock on my window. I get up a pull the curtain seeing Nny right there with a huge grin on his face. I open the window allowing him to crawl in. "What are you doing here?" I take a step backward remembering the news report and that HE KILLED PEOPLE. "Well I felt I should pay you back for helping me last night." He got really close to my face and looked like he was inspecting me. I back up "How so?" I keep calm and try to forget that he's a mass murderer. "Do you like brain freezys?"  He seemed really excited when he spoke, it was kinda cute- no what am I saying he's a murderer for gods sake. "A what?" 'Did he mean a literal brain freeze or is that like another word for drugs?' "YOU HAVE TO TRY THEM!!" He grabbed my wrist and was about to crawl back through the window. "Wait wait wait!" He let go of me and looked at me confused. "What?" I pointed at the front door. "We don't have to use the window, I live on the third floor and really don't feel like breaking my neck." He smiled. "Yeah I guess that makes sense."

We begin to walk down the sidewalk and I get the same chill down my spine causing me to shudder. "What did you shudder for?" Nny looks straight ahead of him. "I don't know it's been like that all day." I look down at the sidewalk. after a few minutes of walking we get to this crappy little gas station. "This is it! I swear this place has the best slushys." He ran ahead and opened the door. "This place has the best slushys?" I look at him as we navigate our way to the back of the gas station. "Yes I'm serious, here just pick a flavor and you'll see." I looked at the small selection, leaky lime, cherry fiz wiz and busty blue raspberry. "I guess cherry fiz wiz, I like anything cherry flavored." Nnys face lit up. "Really? Chery fiz wiz is actually my favorite flavor!" He grabbed a extra large cup and filled it to the brim with the red liquid. "Here this way we save money by sharing." He said as he grabbed a white straw and a red straw. "you're the red straw." He handed me the cup and I took a sip. "It's delicious!" I bounce a little on the balls of my feet excitedly. "RIGHT!? I told you it would be good!" We ran up to the cashier to pay.

We walk out of the gas station taking turns sipping from the huge cup. "Do you like stars or space?" Nny stops walking and looks at me. I turn around. "Yeah ever since I was a little girl I loved space." I walked towards him. "OK then I know a place you'll absolutely LOVE!" He grabbed my hand and we ran into the park and up a hill a little bit. "Wait where are we going?" He let go of my hand and held his arms up and out enthusiastically. "HERE!" It was on top of a cliff overlooking the city and giving a beautiful view of the sky. there was a trashed car too. Nny went and sat on the top of the car. "This is my favorite view of the city and stars." For once in the short time I've known him he seems truly calm and organized. I sit down next to him and look at the stars.

"Ya know me and my dad used obsess over space and astronauts." I don't take my eyes off of the sky as I speak. "Why don't you anymore?" Nny looks at me. "He uhm he died when I was seven years old, and my mother left me a few months after that." I look at him his eyes had deep circles around them, and were a light brown. "I'm sorry that must have sucked, my parents died when I was younger." Nny looked at the ground like he was embarrassed. "I'm sorry too." I put my hand on his shoulder. He looked at me startled his eyes widened. "It's OK." His eyes softened. "You would say we're friends right? You would say that you trust me right y/n?" I take my hand off his shoulder. "I guess you could say we're friends, yeah." He smiled eerily. "Come with me then." If I had a nickle for every time he said something like that on just tonight I'd have a dollar, but this time when he said it, it felt different.