Chapter 12

CHApter 12- caught

I was taken inside swearing like there was no tomorrow. I was even surprised at what came out of my mouth! I had guessed that they were pretty fed up with me because when we reached a door the tossed me in side with all there force and slammed the door shut. I slid across the floor and quickly got up realizing that all that kicking made me sprain my anckel and I had trouble walking. Still, despite the pain, I ran to the door but before I could open it I heard a little click. GODAMNIT! "I swear to god when I get out of here I'm gonna fuck you up! Sleep with one eye open!" I shouted at them. Then silently to myself I ranted. "MOTHER fucker! I gotta find Alice. Then as if my prayer Alice was tossed in the room and she let out a little cry. I quickly crawled over to her and held her in my arms.

Tears were streaming down her face and she trembled against my touch. "Alice! Alice are you ok?!?! Answer me! Goddamnit!" she just stayed quiet for a long time sobbing. As she did this I sat and held her.

Soon she opened her eyes and quieted down looking around with her big beautiful eyes. "What's gonna happen now?" she asked in a small whisper looking at me with hope.

I took a deep shaky breath and opened my mouth to speak but nothing would come out. I forced myself to say something! Anything! Anything that would help Alice find the courage to go through all this with a tall chin and brave through it. "We wait." WOW! That was lame. But it was all I could think of right now, because the only wheel that was spinning in my head was the one rolling right down crazy street into looney bin town!

We got up from our spot on the floor and went over to the table with three chairs. I dragged my chair over by Alice's and sat down. To my write was a gray plain wall with a single video camera on it in the corner. On the other side was a glass wall that was nothing else but the look out window. Then I was suddenly furious! They had been watching us the whole time! I thought, just to piss them off and scare them a little, I would have some fun. I pretended to not care that we were here. Twidled my thumbs a little braided my hair. Then all of a sudden I looked up and over at the window as if I had heard them then directed my attention to the left where people would normally have a desk with a witness. Then slowly I displayed a blood churning creepy smile and put a fire in my eyes that lighted my vision! I stayed like that then to add a little something more I shook my head slowly as if I was disappointed. I then turned back to the front and waited.

When eternity finally ended a man walked in the room. I tired around to see who it was and froze. The boy that stood at the door was in his mid-20's. He was tall with shaggy blonde hair. He was growing some whiskers on his chin and he was wearing a police uniform. If I could use one adjective to describe him it would be drop dead SEXY! in all Capitol letters and three exclamation points! They were playing hard ball! Well if they wanted to play then we'll play.

He sat on the other side of the table and looked at us with a smirk. I leaned back in my chair, propped my legs up on the table and smiled a big friendly grin at him. "Hi there!" I say in a sweet cheery voice trying very successfully to sound seductive.

This caught him off guard for a fraction of a second but then composed himself "Why, hello." he said in a husky voice that reminded me of... NO! Nothing reminded me of him! "I'm officer Harrold. What's your name?"

I smiled at him he was good. "Well I assume you very well already know what my name is, but just for fun take a guess." I said with a laugh.

His smile went away. He knew he wasn't fooling anyone "Erika Schollmeyer. And your little friend here is Alice Lanely. You to are in a LOT of trouble."

"Really? What for?" I ask looking absolutely astonished.

He just shook his head disappointedly at me. "Miss Schollmeyer you've been missing for two months. The day you went missing someone Elsa was reported missing. Then a week after a few hikers lost an expensive watch and as the were searching for the watch the dug up the man's body. THEN, the finger prints on him were the size of the normal finger for a 15-year-old girl. Plus there were two different finger prints. Wanna tell me he this adds up with you?" well they put all the peices together. Now it was time to fool them.

But before I could say anything, Alice spoke up and got cocky. "We were kiddnapped." she says.

"Who kidnapped you?"

"We don't know we were blind folded."

"Then how about the dead body?"

"the man kidnapped us so we would kill the body so his finger prints weren't on it... It was horrible..." GO ALICE!!!!!

"Then were is he now?"

"We don't know. He let us out of a van with our luggage and told us that we were supposed to get on a plane to Italy. Then he siad if we didn't obey he would kill us... You can see how we were in a bit of a pickle." she was lying like a con-artist! I was so proud. Maybe we would get out of this after all!

So I thought until he spoke again "So you were Kidnapped, forced to kill someone, then you were dropped off at the airport and told to get on a plane to Italy." he looked at her skeptically. Then directed his attention to me. "So we're gonna ponder over this then if we think your lying we'll take you to court and if your innocent then you go home. The city will give you money for your troubles and you'll be fine." now I have to go someone will be here in a little bit to take you home." then he left. We sat there silently knowing they were watching. So I kept up the charade.

"Alice, I'm worried! What if they think we're guilty?" I said in a scared voice.

Alice immediately caught on and played her part "There's nothing for us to be guilty of! We'll be fine." I put on a fake smile and gave her a big hug. If we were proven guilty they better first give us a reward for fooling them so well!"