Chapter 8; Almost there

First Pov

Finally, once everyone crossed the finish line midnight took to the stage to announce the second round of the sports festival.

"Know let's go over the ranking sal we?!" On the screens, they show us the rankings and also show our faces. Starting with first place; Deku, me, todoroki, bakugo, and everyone else behind us. After that midnight tells us only 42 people will device to the next round. The screen goes back to the lotto as it spins getting everyone excited.

"Prepare yourself for this!!" the screen stops and shows a cavalry battle.

"Cavalry battle? I suck at those." Denki wines in annoyance beside me. 

"Relax I'm sure it will be fine," I reassure him patting his shoulder. Midnight goes on to yet again explain what we have to do.

" The participants will form a team of two to three people if they see fit. in theory there the same as a regular playground game but there is one difference. Each player has been assigned a value from the results of the obstacle course, It goes up by 5 from the last player to the first. The person assigned to first place is worth 10 million!!" I look in Deku's direction and I think I just saw his soul leave his body.

Oh god, that would have been me if I didn't let him be first, I kinda feel bad for him.

Midnight goes gone, "That's right it's a chance for the people at the bottom to over through the top!!"

Well, this proves my point about how competitive this whole festival is.

I sigh at the thought.

"All your teams will have a headband with your team's number on it, all you have to do is take it from the other teams. Stolen headbands have to be worn from the neck up and of course, you will have a time limit. You're allowed to use your quirks but if you purposely make a team fall I will slap you with a red card!! you have 15 minutes to make a team!" 

This...

This is going to be one hell of a ride!

But who do team up with?

As I think, Hagakure and Jiro walk up to me.

"Heyy wanna team up y/n?" Hagakure asks with excitement in her voice.

"yeah, that would be great actually, you in Jiro?"

"well yeah of course, but what's your plan?"

"Well, I have more than enough points for us to pass and I'm tired from the last round so let's stay on defense."

As soon as we are done talking midnight calls everyone to get their headbands. I go up to the stage to get ours. I sat on top with Jiro in the back for support and hagakure in front to keep a look out all while I fight people off. The second round started not long after.

"Now that all the teams are ready let's have one final countdown!

1

2

3

let the cavalry battle BEGIN!!!"

As soon as it started Deku was chasted like a wanted criminal, my team focused on trying to not get our headband taken. It was no easy feat people came out of know where trying to seal my headband I would quickly doge and land a blow to them sealing their headband and making a run for it.

"Hey y/n why don't we try to take Deku's?" Jiro asks as she sends her voice wave at the people trying to attack me from behind.

"Hell why not!" I yell as she makes a voice wave out of my voice.