𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮

It was late in the evening, and I was sitting in a café watching the news. Duskwood has been in turmoil since the news broke that the missing girl named Hannah had finally been found. I think I stopped breathing. I didn't dare to move for fear of missing something. I just didn't want it to be true.

My phone was lying in front of me, and I looked down only to see the chat with Richy. I still couldn't believe it. He. Someone I trusted and even had a slight crush on. How could he do this to us? He was always in such a good mood and was always there for his friends; he seemed to have had a good heart. But I was wrong, and it broke my heart.

The news was about the incident at the grimrock mine. They found Hannah, but there was no trace of Richy. The police didn't know that Jake was in the mine too, but the FBI did. They're also saying that in the mine was a big explosion. The fire department had already sent some firemen to the mine to get the fire under control. But where the hell had Richy gone? If he had set the mine on fire, this must have been a suicide attempt. But did he run away? This made no sense that he couldn't be found! There was something wrong. Was this just a diversionary maneuver, or were they not searching as they should do? Searching at the wrong places?

Damn it!

I was scared for Jake, terrified that maybe something happened to him. I'd never forgive Richy if Jake happened something. I closed the chat with Richy and opened the Chat with Jake; a tear left my eye.

Chat with Jake

Jake: I cannot go without telling you.

Ruby: Jake, you have to hurry!

Jake: I know.

Jake: But I cannot bear the thought of leaving my feelings for you unsaid.

Ruby: What do you want to tell me?

Jake: Ruby

Jake: I love you.

Ruby: I love you too, Jake

That was it. After this message, he went offline. Since then, the chat with Richy was already two hours ago. The phone call between Jessy and Richy was heartbreaking. I felt so sorry for Jessy, and now she was spamming me because Richy told her I would explain everything to her.

Chat with Jessy

Jessy: Ruby!

Jessy: Come online!

Jessy: We need to talk.

Jessy: You're online, good!

Jessy: Are you ignoring me?

Jessy: I can see that you're online!

Jessy: The others will never believe me that Richy is the bad guy!

Jessy: I need you for this.

Jessy: Ruby please

Jessy: Fine! Then don't answer me. And I thought we were friends. I was wrong. Thanks for nothing!

And she went offline. I started sobbing. We're friends! How would I explain to her that I was on the run? And that they were lucky that I was safe for a while, so I was able to help them. They would never believe me if I told them the truth about me. And it would put them in great danger. I couldn't risk answering them. But I must take the risk and search for Jake. I had to know where he was and how he was doing. I hope he's alive. I started shaking at the thought of him dead.