𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

Ruby POV

I looked at Jake in shock and saw his skin turning bluish. His beautiful eyes lost all their color, and there was no longer any life in them. He looked at me, and for a moment, I saw a spark of shock in his eyes. I couldn't speak. I was too angry. Jake fell to the ground, and only now did I realize what actually happened here. Caesar had magical powers. He was also a witch. Why the hell did he want to kill everything supernatural when he was part of it himself?

I didn't get it!

He could control water and ice. So it was he who killed all the guards. I was breathing heavily with anger, and my pulse was racing. Jake looked through me as if he didn't see me. I didn't want to believe it, but he was slowly dying.

Suddenly, rage rose in me, and my inner fire took over. I'd never been hurt like this in my life. He took the love of my life away from me. Little by little, the pain turned into unbridled anger. My skin got hot like burning iron; anyone who touched me would burst into flames. I no longer had control over my powers. I was angry and hurt, the worst combination.

All my anger was directed at one person.

Caesar.

Angry tears rolled down my cheeks. The tears evaporated on my hot skin. Caesar looked at me in shock, and his eyes told me that he regretted what he did, not because he hurt me, but because he knew that this was the end of him.

Suddenly, Alan came running into the room, his gaze landing directly on Jake. He ran to him, knelt beside him, and saw Caesar and me. He must have taken the message I brought him seriously. He could help Jake while I stopped Caesar and his men, although they were themselves shocked by what just happened.

Caesar couldn't bear the thought that I called for help, and his hand began to glow white again. His eyes also glowed white again with a touch of blue. A huge blizzard gusted from his hand. He wanted to end it; he tried to freeze Alan to death, too. I won't let that happen. There have been enough deaths.

I threw myself in front of Alan and Jake and let a large shield form out of my hands. Caesar's attack wasn't easy, but he fought with desperation, and I fought with anger and confidence. He was showing weakness, the biggest mistake you could make in a fight like this. His attack slammed into my shield, and the snow melted from the intense heat, dripping onto the ground.

"Enough," I whispered to myself.

I enlarged the shield, which became as big as the whole room. I push the shield from me, and like a big wave, the shield swallows the room. All furniture had turned to ashes. Caesar could protect himself and his men with his shield, but his shield fell as soon as the attack was over. Caesar looked angry and discouraged, and he realized that he didn't stand a chance against me.

It was going to be an uphill battle. Fire versus water. I never thought I'd have to fight like this.

Shouldn't we stick together?

There were so few of us.

I was much stronger than him. It was incredibly easy for me to fend off his attacks.

Yet.

I'd need help throughout the fight. And I already knew where I would get the help from.

It had become a staring contest as to who would attack next. I didn't have time for this shit! I started to speak and realized how much anger was in my voice. I saw Caesar flinch at my voice from the corner of my eye. So deep and dark.