𝓔𝓹𝓲𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮

Three years are over since Jake and Aiden are both free men again. Aiden almost burst into tears when his probation was over. Aiden decided to continue his study as a doctor and Cindy supports him wherever she can. Jake has been working as an IT specialist for a year. I've struggled with myself for a long time to continue my father's career, but Jake encouraged me to do so. My mother is at every race, she is grateful that I let my father live on through me.

Richy was released from prison a year ago, but he still has 3 years of probation. In fact, we all forgave him, and of course, we will never forget it, but he was always a good friend to us. Jessy and Richy have come a little closer, she denies it in front of the others, but she confided in me. She wanted my opinion, but I told her that if it felt right to her then she should do it.

Lilly has become a good friend to me, she has proven that she never had bad intentions. She wanted to protect Jake, but she protected him from the wrong person. It's almost like we needed this big fight to become good friends.

We all went to the Pine Glade Festival together and Cleo proudly showed me around. She showed me everything and introduced me to her mother and I could see how proud she is of her mother. Cleo isn't as bad as I thought it was over the phone. She's so nice and such a damn good cook. Jessy regrets not having sent me to her sooner, I would definitely have eaten a lot with her. Cleo and I actually get along very well.

Thomas confided in Jessy and me that he would like to propose to Hannah, but he doesn't know when and how. So we decided to help him. We had a barbecue in Hannah and Lilly's parents' garden. We decorated the terrace and in the evening when the mood was good, Jessy and I gave Thomas a sign that he should do it now. He didn't even get around to asking his question, she cut him off and gave him the answer he was hoping for. The wedding is in 3 months. She made me her maid of honor and Jake is beyond glad we get along so well.

Richy and I met privately and spoke out, he apologized for everything, including his behavior in the forest and during our conversations in prison. It was hard for me to forgive him, but eventually, I managed to do it. He promised me to keep my secret, although I think I could trust the others too, but I don't want to risk anything.

Jake asked me to go into therapy to treat my trauma. I remember arguing with him about not needing therapy, but when my mom found out what happened to me, she was on Jake's side. So I gave up and went to therapy. He was right, my therapist was shocked that I remained such a calm person despite everything. And after one year of therapy, I felt better mentally, I no longer had the urge to run away when something bad happened.

Jake and I looked for a new apartment together, it turned out to be a two-story apartment. It's not in Duskwood, it's 30 minutes from Duskwood, but I love this apartment! From the balcony, you have a view of the forest. It is wonderful.

Jake also told me that Caesar blamed me for the death of his family. I found out it was an accident, the cause of the fire was the stove. He probably didn't want to admit it and was looking for a scapegoat. He also told me that the slaver's name is Kyle and he's in prison for the rest of his life. All his other slaves are free and I'm more than glad he got caught.

It's summer, and Jake and I have decided to travel to Paris together. It was his idea, I don't know how it happened that he wanted to travel to such a romantic city. Arrived in the hotel room, I notice that you can see the Eiffel Tower from our room. I've already fallen in love with this city, Jessy wished me a lot of fun when I left. She said it with a big suspicious grin, I still wonder why she was acting so strange.

We explored the city, we stood on the Eiffel Tower, ate the best croissants, and walked around the loveliest corners. I've never seen such a beautiful city and tonight we're going out to eat.

The restaurant is big and classy, ​​he reserved us a table outside on the balcony. My eyes sparkle as I see the view. The Eiffel Tower is even more beautiful at night! How did he do it?

As we eat, Jake gets more and more nervous. I don't ask him about it at first, but eventually, he starts tapping his leg and that's when I ask him what's going on. He's trying to calm me down, but it sounds more like he's trying to calm himself.

After the main course, a waiter comes up to us and asks us if we want anything else for dessert, and Jake says yes. His voice is unusually shaky and a little high. What's the matter with him?

The waiter gives us a menu with all the desserts and I hold the menu in front of my face and read it all through. When I've made my decision I put the menu down on the table and I can't believe my eyes what I'm seeing.

Jake kneels in front of me with a box in his hands. My heart is racing like crazy. My eyes widen and fill with tears. Jake starts speaking.

Jake: "Ruby, our path was rocky and difficult to master, but we made it together. You were always by my side and had my back, you never gave up on me. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, so I'm asking you if you want to start a new path with me."

He takes a deep breath, I never saw him so nervous.

Jake: "Will you marry me?"

I'm totally flabbergasted. I want to answer, but nothing comes out of my mouth. He blushes and his face falls. Damn Ruby, say something! The corners of his mouth fall and he looks at me with concern. Poor thing! I put him through hell.

It's only seconds, but it feels like hours, probably an eternity for him. He was about to say something, but I finally found my voice again. Now everything comes at once.

I start crying with joy, I smile like never before, my breathing quickens and is irregular and finally, I answer, almost screaming.

"YES, YES, YES!"

His face relaxes and a big smile forms on his lips. He puts the ring on my finger and stands up, I throw myself around his neck and kiss him.

Jake: "I love you so much, Ruby!"

"I love you even more, Jake."

Jake: "Impossible, no arguments."

I just smile into the kiss and enjoy his closeness. Suddenly there is a bang and a large firework display starts in the sky. He smiles at me and I know immediately that he planned it.

A new path with him? Always! I'm ready for anything as long as he's by my side. I want this man by my side forever. We watch the fireworks, but eventually, I grab his chin and pull him down to kiss him again. I wrap my arms around him and he wraps his around my waist.

A kiss in front of the Eiffel Tower with fireworks in the background with the man of my dreams. What could I want more?

Everything is perfect.