𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

Ruby POV

I finally told Jake almost everything about me. I just said the important things, mostly who my pursuers were, what they wanted from me, and what they could do. It felt so good to have talked about it finally. Jake listened so carefully that I felt like I was doing a small talk. The conversation led to a deep talk. He told me about his past and why he acted the way he acted in the bar. I understood him now; we all had our demons from the past. We both had to work on it so our old demons never got the better of us again. It almost separated us; I couldn't lose him.

Finally, everything seemed normal again, at least the new normal in our life. Richy was still out there, and my pursuers were still after me, and we didn't know if one of his pursuers survived the fire or if they all died. I've got a weird feeling that one of them survived.

When we finally thought that we had one problem less came the next one. Richy... It seems Jake was right. He acted while the phone call; he wasn't sorry for anything. His plan didn't work out when I didn't come to Duskwood. He managed to find out who I was and by whom I wanted! He wrote it into the group chat.

How did he even get in there again?

Group chat

Richy: I know who you are, Ruby. Come to me, or I'll help them find you. I know where you are.

Jessy is now online

Cleo is now online

Jessy: Richy?! How did you get into the group chat?

Jessy: But Ruby what does he mean with this?

Thomas is now online

Cleo: Richy? What do you mean by that?

Lilly is now online

Lilly: What does he mean, Ruby?

Jake is now online

Dan is now online

Dan: What is going on now?

Dan: Now I'm curious, Ruby. What does he mean by that?

Dan: Hackerman, do you know what he meant?

Jake: I don't know.

Thomas: Ruby? Are you even there?

Jessy: Ruby, I can see that you're online. What does he mean??

Lilly: Can someone finally explain?!

Ruby: I'm coming.

Jake is now offline

Richy left the group chat

Dan: wtf?

Jessy: WHAT?!

Dan: Are you nuts, Ruby?!

Lilly: Ruby! You can't do this!

Ruby: And how I can do this, and nobody's stopping me.

Ruby is now offline

My cell phone kept ringing, the exact ringtone from the group. After putting it on mute and putting it aside, I looked up and met two piercing blue eyes. I was wrong with my last message; I suspected one person would stop me. That would be Jake.