𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮

Jake POV

"Then I'll go now. Please be car-"

I couldn't say more because I felt a hard thud on my head. Everything went black, and I wondered how so much could go wrong in such a short time.

When I finally woke up, I didn't feel anything at first. After a few minutes, I felt my body again, and unfortunately, I had to realize that I was tied to a chair. Arms behind my back and legs on each chair leg. It was completely dark here. I didn't know that such darkness existed.

How did this all happen so fast?

A few hours ago, we were dancing romantically in my living room, and then everything went worse and worse. First, the guards, then our unwanted separation, and then the slaver. How I would have liked to kill that asshole! Pure anger boiled in me when I thought about the scene of how he treated Ruby. He threw her against the wall like an object. I couldn't remember the last time I was so furious that I was ready to kill someone. But I had a bigger problem at that moment. I got kidnapped, and Ruby probably too.

But by whom did we kidnap?

Definitely not the slaver; he was unconscious. I already could guess by whom. Damon and Ruby's pursuers. I still couldn't believe that they were working together now. Damon was my best friend. He was part of the misfit group. We were partying together, and it was a great time, but then he changed. It happened so suddenly that I cut the contact. Later I found out that his parents died under mysterious circumstances; no wonder that he changed. I changed too after my mother died, and I found out that I have a father somewhere far away who cheated on his wife. He threw me away like trash. I was just the result of a mistake he made that he didn't want to take responsibility for. I hated him even though I never saw him again since he left my mom. Oh god, I hate when I was drifting away thinking too much.

The air here was totally dusty, and it smelled musty here. I could well imagine that we were in some abandoned building.

But where and why didn't they just kill us?

Suddenly my heart tightens painfully. I was still alive. But what about Ruby? I didn't even know where she was or if she was still alive. I had to get out of here. I needed to find and help her. I tried to loosen the knots on my hands, but it didn't work.

Hopeless.

Maybe I was destined to die young?

I had a good life before I was persecuted, but it wasn't a fulfilling life. The contact with Hannah showed me that there are wonderful people out there who make life worth living. I recognized myself in her. In the emails at the beginning, she was so happy, her life looked carefree, and then she was followed because of a mistake from the past. But she wasn't able to escape. Luckily she was safe now.

But what was with me?

Or Ruby?

My brain stopped thinking as the door of the room opened. A little light shone from outside into the room. The person spoke up, and I hoped to never hear this voice ever again.

"Hello, Jake, my good friend," Damon greeted me. "It's been a long time. Oh wait, it wasn't. But this time, your little girlfriend won't protect you."

"Shut the fuck up!"

"Well, well" He shook his head. "Aren't you interested in what happened to your sweet girlfriend?"

My heart stopped. He was just playing! But where the hell was she?