𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓔𝓵𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

Ruby POV

I woke up slowly, and I could feel that I was lying on the floor. It was so dark I couldn't even see myself. I tried to feel something with my hands, but nothing. I moved a little and heard a rattle on the floor, and then I felt a heavy weight on my right foot. I was tied to a chain; this couldn't be true. I groped along the chain and touched a rugged stone wall and a metallic handle to which the chain was firmly tied. I felt the wall with my hands and ended up on something else metallic.

Bars!

Shit!

No!

"Where am I?" I asked myself.

In prison?

Kidnapped and locked away in a stinky cell?

I guess the second was more likely.

But by whom?

My pursuers?

From the slaver?

Some pervert?

I could use my powers to see something, but I didn't want to risk it. Maybe I was only locked away because they weren't sure that it was really me.

If they were sure, they already would have killed me, right?

Too many questions!

But one thing worried me the most.

Where the hell was Jake?

My heart started racing. I hoped they didn't kill him. Damon just wanted his death. I had to get out of here. But I saw absolutely nothing. I could scan the area but with my eyes closed, and that would make it more difficult. I could barely concentrate because of the headache.

And then scanning the area with closed eyes?

Impossible!

My head snapped to the side when I heard a metallic rattle from the opposite side of the building. My heart raced with panic but also with excitement. The thought of Jake being locked away, too, crossed my mind.

"Jake?" I asked carefully into the darkness.

I got no answer. The only thing I got back was the rattle. I decided to risk it and light up a little flame in my hand to see something in the dark. Finally, I saw what was making the noise. A loose shackle that got shaken by a wind that blew through a little gap.

I turned around and tried to feel with my hands sometimes. I felt a wet brick wall and realized a hole must be somewhere.

It smelled disgusting here, and it was hard for me to breathe normally. The floor was damp, and there was probably even mold on the wall; unfortunately, I couldn't see anything. Maybe it was better if I didn't see. Who knows what was around me? I was never surrounded by such darkness. I couldn't even see if I was blinking; I only felt myself blinking.

I didn't know how long I was here.

Hours? Days? Weeks? Months?

I was unconscious, and God knows for how long. I felt dizzy, had dry blood on my nose, and hurt my back, but I could move. My ankle hurt from the chain; it was cutting into my flesh and too tight. I tried to move the chain on my ankle, but not even this worked. The only thing I managed was that my ankle was bleeding now.

Good job, Ruby.

I rolled my eyes at my clumsiness. I sighed and looked up. I didn't even know why I looked up. I couldn't see shit. Still only pure darkness. There were no sounds or voices, and I felt that something horrible was about to happen soon.