𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

Ruby POV

Everything is dark and I don't know where I am, I feel kind of safe like nothing could happen to me. But eventually, I start to feel my body and my eyelids get lighter and I can open my eyes, slowly. At first, I don't feel anything, but then I'm greeted by a severe headache. I groan softly, and as I turn to my left, a red-haired beauty is sitting next to me, worried.

"Je-"

I can't talk, my throat is way too dry. Jessy immediately pours me a glass of water and gives it to me, I drink it quickly and it feels so incredibly good. When I can finally talk again I am interrupted directly by Jessy.

Jessy: "I'm so glad you're awake! Phil and I were so worried about you. Don't ever do that again, dammit!"

"W..What exactly happened?" I can't remember anything anymore.

Jessy: "You don't remember?"

"No, not really.."

Jessy: "You.." She sighs, "You almost drank yourself to death!"

"What? I only remember that we both wanted to visit Jake and that Lilly made sure that I won't see him again, but after that, I don't remember anything anymore."

Jessy: "Lilly's little act ended up being the reason you got so drunk. You probably won't see Jake again until after he's released, the only question is..."

"..if he even wants to see me again."

First one tear left my eye, then another and another until I burst out crying. She immediately hugs me.

"How long was I unconscious?"

Jessy: "About 3 hours but they put you under anesthesia to make it easier for you, you were under anesthesia for 4 days but something wasn't right. You should have been awake a day ago. You can't imagine how worried I was. The sight of you, helpless and motionless on the ground with a little puddle of blood under your head! I thought you were, you... you..." She bursts into tears, it breaks my heart.

"But I'm here."

Jessy: "But you couldn't have been!"

"But I am."

Jessy: "Actually, I should comfort you and not the other way around."

"It's fine, I'm just glad that you're here."

Jessy: "I'll always be there for you."

"Thank you."

Jessy: "Promise me to never do this again."

"I promise it."

She tells me everything that happened after we came back to Jessy's apartment and bit by bit the pain in my heart comes back. I want to go back to when everything was black and I felt nothing, I can't bare this pain in my chest. Jake probably never wants to see me again, he must think I don't love him anymore. Just the thought of it rips my heart apart!

Jessy: "Phil wanted to visit you too but he won't make it, but I'll stay here with you."

"Thank you so much, Jessy. I'm so sorry.."

Jessy: "Don't. The only one who should apologize is Lilly."

She isn't wrong though. Why is she doing this? I never did anything bad to her.