Panic! At the House

Poe crashed into the shiny car that was moving slowly since Anthony was driving me in the neighborhood.

I push open the door and he climbs over my legs then slams the door behind me.

"Where are they?" I ask.

He leans over to the front seat. "Right there!" He pointed past Anthony and I unbuckle to sit up and half climb over the passenger seat.

"What are you-" Anthony starts but Poe and I both shush him.

My family are unpacking the car and I see my older sister get into her car and drive off. She didn't live with us anymore but stayed for the vacations. We wouldn't hear from her for a while until the next vacation or if she was broke.

My mom already has an alcoholic drink in her hand as she directs my dad who yells back at her for not helping.

"Oh, that is your family?" Anthony asks as he wrinkles his nose.

"Yeah" Poe and I both sigh in unison before I sit back in my seat and start to pull off my suit and pull on my normal clothes that were waddled up in ball.

Poe watches my family before turning to look at me as I pull on my shirt.

"See you later" I say.

We fist bump and he nods "Good luck."

I nod and teleport into my room that was still locked. I forgot about my parents for a moment there.

I rehearse what I'm going to say and pull out the crumbled notebook paper out of my pocket that I've been carrying around for a while. Poe and Cyborg helped me come up with the right thing to say to my parents and I really hope it works.

I scan over the letter than open my bedroom door and come out.

"Wyatt!" My mom sings as she sees me. She holds her arms out to me and I force a smile and walk over to her and give her a quick hug.

"Hey mom" I say before looking at dad "Hey dad, want any help?"

"No, your mother bought a lot of stuff that can break." Dad grunted out.

I nod then look at my notes before pushing them back into my pocket.

"So I have something to tell you guys." I say.

Mom wasn't paying attention anymore and just nodded "Yes, yes that's nice dear."

I debate telling them about the lottery and let them find out about through TV or newspaper or something.

"It's kinda important." I say.

Dad keeps unloading things and mom is looking around.

"Just tell us!" Dad grunts.

I frown and look at my hands. "Well, you might wanna pay attention because it is going to change our lives."

Mom started to yell at dad for setting one of her bags down on the grass.

My phone starts beeping with messages from Batman telling me I need to get back to the Watchtower.

I grit my teeth together in annoyance.

"I won the lottery!" I announce. My parents pause. I swallow hard. "And I need to go. You can just watch the news or something but I did and I wanted to tell you guys." I swallow hard as I stare at them but they don't say anything. "So, goodbye."

They are still quiet and my phone is still blowing up.

I chew the inside of my cheek and wait for them to say something-----ANYTHING!