It's A Casual Thing

"Boys! Dinner!" Aunt Malissa calls from downstairs

Poe moves his king chess piece to the side and smirks at me.

"Checkmate." He says.

I scowl at him. "Are you kidding me?"

He shrugged and got up.

"All that private school and you still haven't learned anything!" He said smugly as he walked out of his room.

I teleport ahead of him at the top of the stairs.

"All that knowledge and you're still too slow!" I shoot back.

"Powers don't count!" He said annoyed as he pushed my face away from him.

We walk into the dining room to see my aunt and uncle sitting down together.

"Uh uh!" Aunt Malissa says fiercely. "Go wash your hands! If you were playing with those chess pieces again they I know for a fact they are covered in dust and you don't need that in your mouth!"

I beat Poe to the sink and was my hands before he does.

I sit down and look at the meal before me.

Not a single thing could be better than Aunt Malissa's food!

I don't care what all the professional cooks say, her gravy could go with anything!

I hadn't had much action since school started.

Autumn came and with it the cold chill. I liked it being chilly enough to wear sweaters but man was the thin air doing a number on my asthma. I was heaving just running across the street and almost had an attack the other day when Poe and I raced to Denny's for hot chocolate.

Not much heroing was happening either but I did practice and train a lot. I worked on my sneaking skills and have got to be the best in the biz!

Days have been calm all things considering.

"That was so good!" I exclaim as I finish licking the plate clean.

"Wyatt, you're gonna get it all over you're hoodie!" Uncle Ken said as he laughed.

As I was helping clean up my phone rang.

"Give me a second." I say as I step out of the room and check.

It's from Green Arrow.